NCL Joy H4, which cabin?

jgoodm

Hi All,

Going to take my first NCL trip on Joy.  Looks like I will be in an H4 cabin and most of the rooms are still available for my dates on bth 17 and 18.  Since the sizes of the rooms, balconies and noise can vary a bit, can anyone give some recommendations on which cabin to book?

Thanks!

J

9 minutes ago, jgoodm said:

Hi All,

Going to take my first NCL trip on Joy.  Looks like I will be in an H4 cabin and most of the rooms are still available for my dates on bth 17 and 18.  Since the sizes of the rooms, balconies and noise can vary a bit, can anyone give some recommendations on which cabin to book?

Thanks!

J

The Joy is a great ship! 

Deck 17 has larger balconies...1/2 is covered by deck 18's balcony and 1/2 is extended out uncovered.  We were on 17 and had the room steward bring 2 loungers that we used every day on our Alaska cruise!  Cold, but wonderful views! 

47 minutes ago, jgoodm said:

That is so helpful!  Thanks!  The larger balcony is a big thing for me. Did you think any particular area is better for a room than others on the 17th floor?

We liked being close to the Observation Lounge to pop in for coffee so 17702 was great for that...there is a door right by the cabin to make it easy.  We are actually booked in 17700 for our next cruise on the Joy just for that reason:) 

We do not drink, so being close to the Haven bar was not important, but may be for others. 

The Haven restaurant is on 18, so we just either took the stairs or there is an elevator at the end of the hall to go up.

Here is a link for a neat page that lets you drag decks on top of each other to see what is above and below your cabin.  For some deck 17 cabins, the Haven restaurant is above them so may be noisy.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Joy

Ask away for any other questions😊

Oh...I found another balcony photo showing the loungers 😀

This is the H5 balcony that we were in.  The H4 balcony will be as deep outside the living room door, but will only have the uncovered section in front of the bathroom, so that part will be shorter in depth....does that make sense?

OamHpTZJ8VT1Hvu9N6Y5H-5dOdTL8VZDqWcGs_QSey1DpNS2mGImIv5jbBIJ2CcTR8F0OKa_HOBmoubB5N3UjdsJIrsg0edxEYtU8K1gMUT5mR25r_0iq7QDFHdYtMO0HXyjIgVTB05VuMsDdN6uHengkq7n_4bZ1rBDOJ6hAJzwIzHg_IIFoG3Ovae-HzADSt6BdtnRVDgRfSkhjVHSubnIuV2G9vBN_WKhdJ0gk0PUa8hiFnJcGcWQJcErPJa_mVym-dHccFDpgfSAoyV2a6c8TsiDEcQWL3VjJgijndSsCxChIkdup1-P-ghz3hprq0WAlPkyR-o2bVYKHt47ik66-fUeVtCXlhwX0nH4D_bszKG1E48X4l1jVMKy9QbYkzQfjY3xVD2SyWZfragR2xUmgrnCcHHjBCw6vSXM9KnSEYbPDcwmTh0aiAWXORhR-mty1kjMjSZD4kAXLD_-9w_mzCOFzSUmMSxsLpXna37AVq4PmMFlaMqF9IrKgyocGNB28FOsgrP-Zjr5SpXo2trD0AHjjyldHwsDDkGP8C3rDb61ioguTTleEMF9LRVboSKxb9qop6NIHlOMokupRGB_fgig4nRP04-HUxY3VeZf1WDak_eAJMf_Hs64Zq6Uc3Gmmj_TGGsNva4jvTgH8mbNOQ1iZxlbqxbAQ60baI2gL4KpC9mOOyM=w1815-h882-no

Edited by jvsnana

Thanks again.  I think I get it but I am a little confused and for some reason the photos aren't loading?  I can see the original three on my iPhone but not on the computer.  The new pic I can not see at all...

I guess you answered my question about being close to the lounge.  I am always concerned about being near access ways and lounges for noise.

2 minutes ago, Ostrichman said:

jvsnana - I just did an upgrade to the Joy for a Haven H5 room and took your advice and since 17702 was available I took it!  This is for the 17 Jan Joy Panama Canal Cruise.

Congrats!  We loved the location of that suite and had it booked again for our next cruise, but saw a price drop on the 2 bedroom 17700 next door and grabbed that one😊  Here are a few photos of "your" suite:

image.thumb.png.f235193b05f1a73ff47ff599fa3d4362.png

image.thumb.png.2134648521037e1a66b1861d26be267d.png

image.thumb.png.0e84ab51844dba2f94b6b7e28b5c8607.png

image.thumb.png.9cc2c5ff3865dca8ed134752cc2c849d.png

JVSNANA, could I trouble you to repost all of the pics from the H4 again?  Now I can’t see them at all...  

I think I’m going to take your advice on 17700. I was worried about the lounge potentially looking in to the balcony from the overhang and/or potential noise from people entering the lounge or drinking in there, but I’m assuming you already considered that?

Thanks again!!

On 12/29/2019 at 7:52 PM, jgoodm said:

Thanks again.  I think I get it but I am a little confused and for some reason the photos aren't loading?  I can see the original three on my iPhone but not on the computer.  The new pic I can not see at all...

I guess you answered my question about being close to the lounge.  I am always concerned about being near access ways and lounges for noise.

Here is the layout for the H4.  The deck on 17 will extend beyond the one shown, but will be uncovered and will also be uncovered in front of the bathroom.  I hope this comes through and makes more sense 😉

image.png.4df492972c49f25fd64e2b12865f009c.png