Tampa Airport to Port Tampa Bay Transportation

toddnmargo

Welcome to the boards! 😎

There is a walk up shuttle available, but I am not sure of the per person cost.  A taxi should run about $28+tip and the ride takes about 10-15+ minutes, depending upon traffic.

• Like 1

I know OP said they preferred not to use Uber or Lyft - but that's who we used when we cruised Tampa last Feb - Uberx from port to TPA was $16 compared to $29 for the cab.  It's your call.

Have a great cruise! 😎

Uber or Lyft is the fastest and cheapest. What is the reason you don’t want to use them?  If you had a bad experience with them in the past, I suggest Uber Comfort or Uber Select. Uber has stricter rules for those drivers and cars over X drivers

3 hours ago, steve20832 said:

Uber or Lyft is the fastest and cheapest. What is the reason you don’t want to use them?  If you had a bad experience with them in the past, I suggest Uber Comfort or Uber Select. Uber has stricter rules for those drivers and cars over X drivers

It’s just a personal preference. We have used shared shuttles at several other ports and have always had a great experience, but this is our first time sailing out of Tampa and are unfamiliar with options there. I wondered if there was a go-to company that others recommend. Uber and Lyft are the usual responses these days, so I mentioned our preference so people would know what we are looking for. Thanks! 

1 minute ago, toddnmargo said:

It’s just a personal preference. We have used shared shuttles at several other ports and have always had a great experience, but this is our first time sailing out of Tampa and are unfamiliar with options there. I wondered if there was a go-to company that others recommend. Uber and Lyft are the usual responses these days, so I mentioned our preference so people would know what we are looking for. Thanks! 

SuperShuttle went out of business as of December 31. There aren't many choices for bus service unless you go through the cruise line. If you don't want Uber or Lyft, you can hire a limo or private car service but it's going to be twice the price of Uber/Lyft. Honestly, if you want upscale service, you can order a Lyft LUX or Uber Premier for less than a private company and have someone pick you up in 10-15 minutes. I know that probably isn't what you want to hear but transportation services here in Tampa is limited

16 minutes ago, steve20832 said:

SuperShuttle went out of business as of December 31. There aren't many choices for bus service unless you go through the cruise line. If you don't want Uber or Lyft, you can hire a limo or private car service but it's going to be twice the price of Uber/Lyft. Honestly, if you want upscale service, you can order a Lyft LUX or Uber Premier for less than a private company and have someone pick you up in 10-15 minutes. I know that probably isn't what you want to hear but transportation services here in Tampa is limited

Actually, this is very helpful!  Thanks!  We used Super Shuttle in LA last year for a Princess cruise and were very pleased.  I didn't realize they were now out of business at several locations.  It sounds like I may need to consider Lyft (we can link with our Delta SkyMiles), since there really aren't the shared shuttle options I was looking for.