onlyEscape accessible cabins aft facing balcony?

Steve007NY

Just booked on the January 18 sailing  of the escape. The agent I spoke with said that they were noaccessible cabins unless I tried to book an aft facing balcony. I was booking a regular balcony guarantee, and the additional  charges fairly excessive. I do not require a wheelchair, but the handrails would be helpful. The category showed accessible cabins and I don’t know whether I just got one on hold for agent. Ended up booking a standard balcony. Anyone who experience with this?

thanks

There are wheelchair accessible standard balcony staterooms but whether or not any of them are available for your sailing is unknown. 

If you look at the deckplans, the "deck_legend_disabled.png" symbol is for wheelchair accessible staterooms. Standard balconies such as 10286/10886, 12282/12882, 14278/14878, etc. would work if a wheelchair is needed but people who need that stateroom type tend to book them early since there are a limited number for them to choose from. It's one of the reasons that I believe that those staterooms should only go to those who need them. Once final payment date is reached, I have no problem with anyone taking those staterooms. 

As for the aft-facing balconies, they are very nice whether it is a standard aft-facing, a wheelchair accessible aft-facing, wheelchair accessible aft-facing Mini-suite, or an aft-facing Haven Suite. The balcony depths differ by deck, though. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only