I just don't get this pricing !

lovescarborough

As we're off on Reflection next week , I thought I would price up a couple of Caribbean cruises for January 2022 ( I already have 2021 booked ! ) as we usually book onboard for the extra OBC. The Celebrity UK website only offers the 'lowest rate ' and alongside is a rate including $200 OBC. No sign of any drinks packages on offer. The lowest rates are crazy prices and the extra OBC would cost £300 more ! Now I'm no mathematician but the current pound to dollar rate here is around $1.29 to £1 so why would anyone want to buy at that price ? 

When I moved to the payment page just to see what else might be on offer I got the 'NO RISK DEPOSIT ' banner, except that applies until 8th Jan 2020, a whole four days away !  I gave up on the website then. 

I somehow think we'll be looking elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have just come across this pricing too when looking at 2022. The choice is of Lowest Rate or Best Value. When selecting Best Value it takes you directly to the Dining preference. No option to choose 2 or 4 perks but wanting you to pay an extra £250 per person for the offer of $200 OBC per cabin !!! I got the No Risk Deposit and it is refundable till 3rd February 2020.

It is certainly a problem with the website. When I look at 2021 cruises it all works as expected, except for Transatlantic sailings where the same thing happens. On Transatlantic I can choose Lowest Rate, or Best Value for £400 per person more. Choosing the Best Value directs you straight to the Dining Preferences and all you get for the extra cost of £400 per person is $200 per cabin.

I thought I would inform Celebrity UK of the website problem. But that proves difficult too. There is no contact info except for a premium rate number showing on the website. Previously there was a page dedicated to how to make contact. I decided to try through Messenger and it returned the message "Please note our responding hours are between 09:30 and 17:30 Monday to Friday and we do monitor weekend activities." I am not sure what that actually means, do they read messages, but not respond?

The new Celebrity UK website is definitely not an improvement.