Full day snorkel and beach

Becca2581

We went to Sapphire Beach on our own and spent about 4 hours there.  When we got off the ship, we just went to where the open air taxi's are.  I think they asked where we wanted to go and directed us to one that was taking other passengers to beaches on the eastern end of the island.  It was $10.00 per person, each way.  We rented loungers there (there were no umbrellas to rent, but plenty of shade from trees).  We have our own snorkels/masks that we had with us, but you can rent there.  There is bar area where you can get food/beverages but we had our own, so I don't know what they serve or what the prices are.  We really liked Sapphire and loved the views over toward St. John.  The better snorkeling is over to the right.  It was OK, but nothing spectacular.  There were others there and more arrived as the day went on, but it never seemed crowded.  There are plenty other beach options to do on your own as well, including Coki Beach.  I've never been there but have heard the snorkeling is decent, but the downside is that it can get crowded.  I'd recommend going early if you choose Coki.  When we were ready to leave, we had no problem getting a taxi back to the ship -  they were waiting out front when we were ready to leave.  We went in the morning and stayed till about 1PM so we'd be back at the port with plenty of time to spare.