Kid's age limits for activities on Grand

San_Antonio_Ex

Hi - my daughter is 12 - will be 13 one week after we get back from our cruise. She wants to join the 13 - 17 year olds with her sister rather than hang out with the 8 - 12 year olds. Princess' book states that they don't make exceptions for age limitations. Does anyone know if this includes someone who is so close to the next age group, they might as well be in it? Do you think it would matter if I told them she was two weeks late, so in reality - she is 13. :D (that wasn't a serious question). Really - has anyone had a child turned away from activities because they weren't quite in the stated age group?

Shelley

I have a twelve year old who will be 2 months from being 13, but wants to go with the older group too. Please let us know when you get back what they say. Our cruise is in June. My youngest child was allowed up a group last summer on Explorer of the Seas to be with his sister. They didn't even think twice about it.

>>>Hi - my daughter is 12 - will be 13 one week after we get back from our cruise. She wants to join the 13 - 17 year olds with her sister rather than hang out with the 8 - 12 year olds.

I am one of the first to bend a rule if it doesn’t harm anyone. Princess has no idea how old your children are if they have not cruised with them before. Register online and simply add a year to your daughter’s age. At check in, should they catch it, claim a typo and get on the ship. Take them to the children’s program and sign them up at whatever age you want.

Two considerations

1. Can she easily pass for 13?

2. More important, does your older daughter mind the younger sister

being with her 24 hours a day?

Archived