Has anyone used Brightline Train to Port package for MSC?

jkgourmet

Since the cost of POM parking is annoyingly high, I've been looking at alternatives.  We will be starting from FLL and do have a car.

The Brightline train looked promising.  HOWEVER, the Train to Port package for MSC is $90usd for two people, one car, and only $55 for other cruise lines. 

Why?  Because the MSC price includes taking our luggage at FLL and bring it to our MSC cabin.  We only do one carry on each and have no need or desire for that service.  Anybody know a way around this so that we're only paying the standard $55?

On 1/5/2020 at 11:55 PM, Mittmuckerbin said:

We just booked and my girlfriend said there was a 2 for 1 promotion on regular tickets, and it was cheaper that way. The lyft from the train station to the port is less then $15.

🤔I'm confused.   One Brightline fare plus RT Lyft is $55 + $15 + $15 = $85.  The MSC package is $90 for two including both Lyft rides and parking for one car.

We signed up for this for our cruise next week, but I am having my doubts. I have sent them three emails in the last month and have had no response. Their online chat is always offline and there's no CS phone number that I can find.

We may end up stranded in Miami, because I believe we signed up for too early of a train. I've been trying to change it for a month and cannot figure out  a way. I can change my seats, but not train time.

Sigh. It will be a pricey Uber ride home if we miss our train.

I found this.  https://www.gobrightline.com/trip/change-ticket

I was able to reach them by messaging them on their FB page - not posting to their newsfeed.  I DID receive a response to my email - within 48 hours, in fact.

Try this phone number (305) 521-4800. But I would STRONGLY suggest you get email confirmation from them of any resolution.   Documentation is a beautiful thing.  

Try these email address. Info@GoBrightline.com

GuestServices@GoBrightline.com

Edited by jkgourmet

26 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

Still have to pay for parking. . .

Oh..if you have a car, you may try to stay pre-cruise at one of the MIA airport hotels. Lot of them offer stay and park. For example, Hampton Inn Miami Airport one night and 8 days of parking is $179, with free breakfast too. Then Uber to POM is about $15-$17. But if you already booked your hotel room, this maybe not be an option for you.

I think the Brightline package is a good deal if you fly Southwest and have to take transportation to POM.