Has anyone sailed in the POA Deluxe Owner’s Suite? Questions...

HBCcruiser

Do you happen to know the size of the POA DOS sofa bed? Is it a double or queen? Would it fit 2 adults comfortably? Can we ask for a rollaway if too small? Thanks in advance for any info. or photos of the suite! We sail July 4, 2020.

I assume you've already booked this suite but unless you really have money to burn

anything other than a port side balcony is wasted. There is very little sea time and

except for an hour or two most of that is at night. I've taken this cruise a few times

and as you probably know the ship is merely a bus with meals to take you from island

to island.

I'd get one balcony and one ocean view room for the four of you if that's the count. Whoever

gets the ocean view can hang out on the balcony for the daytime cruise along the Napali coast. 

Use the extra money for expensive excursions or nice dinners for those overnight ports.

We were in an Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (13500) last summer. I can say this is simply the largest balcony I have ever seen on a cruise ship. It's forward facing on the port side (best viewing of the Na Pali coast) and was a great base of operations for hosting family gatherings for those in more affordable cabins.

Since the POA does not have a Haven, we found that having the huge balcony was like having our own Haven... maybe better. We had several breakfasts and lunches out there, and one amazing cocktail party that our Butler planned perfectly for the Na Pali coast.

The DOS balcony is smaller, but to the OPs question, the pull-out sofa appears to be the same. This is a really nice sized sofa that seats 3 adults comfortably. Given the size of the sofa, I would think it pulls out to more of a queen size bed. I think it would sleep 2 people. 

You can read more about our experience here:

6 hours ago, coyboy1971 said:

We were in an Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (13500) last summer. I can say this is simply the largest balcony I have ever seen on a cruise ship. It's forward facing on the port side (best viewing of the Na Pali coast) and was a great base of operations for hosting family gatherings for those in more affordable cabins.

Since the POA does not have a Haven, we found that having the huge balcony was like having our own Haven... maybe better. We had several breakfasts and lunches out there, and one amazing cocktail party that our Butler planned perfectly for the Na Pali coast.

The DOS balcony is smaller, but to the OPs question, the pull-out sofa appears to be the same. This is a really nice sized sofa that seats 3 adults comfortably. Given the size of the sofa, I would think it pulls out to more of a queen size bed. I think it would sleep 2 people. 

Thank you! Yes, we are a family traveling together, and my parents will not be doing many excursions so having a nice cabin to hang it in will be great for them. My two older daughters will use the sofa bed. THANKS for the info and pics. Any other Tips?? 

6 hours ago, coyboy1971 said:

The DOS balcony is smaller, but to the OPs question, the pull-out sofa appears to be the same. This is a really nice sized sofa that seats 3 ults comfortably. Given the size of the sofa, I would think it pulls out to more of a queen size bed. I think it would sleep 2 people. 

Do you have any photos?

Here is a link to the daily blog I posted last Feb when we sailed on the POA in the DOS

It has pictures of the suite and balcony.   It was a wonderful suite. I didn't open the sofa bed but it is large. I've read many people say that it isn't worth it being on the Starboard side but I respectfully disagree. I loved the balcony. Had breakfast every morning there, watched every sail in and sail out and loved the hot tub and had luck of seeing whales while in the hot tub. 

Its it's an amazing suite and the butler service was the best we've experienced (again luck)

Safe Travels

Brian

• Like 1