Compare Q2 to Princess , RRCL or Celebrity?

envy4u

Princess now own cunard and has the same ambiance and service. Cunardf is much more elegant and posh. the difference is Cuanrd is an Oceanliner that has been around since 1840 and have traveled with the rich and famous. I like the fast that you don't or should I say not allowed to dress like a slob. No jeans allowed! This is a British Registry so women dress pants and blouses or dresses. Men slacks and polo shirts. formal tuxedo or dark suit and women evening gowns or cocktail dresses. Semi formal shirt and tie for men and dressy pants or skirts for women.

Formal teas in the Winter Garden with full brunch, and the award winning restaurant Todd English. Service is very top of the line and will be the best experience of your life...as the slogan says "Take your place in history" and I do quote "The Most Famous Ocean Liner In The World!"

Enjoy....

Queen Valerie:)

I agree with the above, however, it all depends on how formal you want to be when cruising- I have cruised on all four and would highly recommend Princess and Celebrity also- they are top notch in the mass market and you can get much better pricing than on the QM2 Good luck

Princess now own cunard and has the same ambiance and service. Queen Valerie:)

Queen Valerie,

Welcome to the board! Much as I agree with your comment on atmosphere, I think it only fair to point out that the above is innaccurate. Carnival Corp & PLC own both Cunard and Princess. Princess was originally owned by P&O - a British line even older than Cunard. Organizationally, Cunard's President and Managing Director, Carol Marlow, (afaik - its not spelt out clearly on the Carnival web site) reports to P&O Princess Cruises International Ltd CEO, Peter Ratcliffe. I would say the ambience and service on the ships is different too - depending on your adjectives of choice, Princess might be regarded as 'informal', where Cunard would be seen as more 'formal'. Some people enjoy having the waitstaff tell them about their girlfriends/wives, others of us really don't need to know.....

Between Princess and RCCL I have a slight preference for the latter - but both are very similar, and quite different to Cunard (on the QE2 at any rate, the QM2 was getting a bit informal for my taste...)

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

There is variability between the ships on the same line. I have been on the Regal Princess for forty three days on various cruises and each cruise was different.

I was on the QM2 for eight days and the Celebrity Constellation for thirteen days.

Having said that, let me wade in here.

Celebrity and Cunard have multi class ships. The Princess ships I have been on have all been one class. If you are looking for your best bang for your buck, go Princess. The best of the staff serve the upper classes on multi class ships, based on my limited experience. The upper classes generally arent worth the great deal of extra money, though.

I pick my cruises mostly by destination and timing as to when they will fit in with my social and business schedules. I usually check Princess first to see if they have a suitable cruise. Then I check Celebrity. Then Carnival. Then Cunard. Then other lines I have not been on.

I am a senior citizen and most of the crowd on Carnival are too young for me. Princess may be the best choice for the younger crowd, anyway, since Princess is introducing more things they think the younger crowd want.

My expeience of thirteen days on the Constellation is that the Constellation probably can't be beat if it fits in with your budget and schedule and is going where you want to go. There was a good mix of ages on the Constellation. The ship seemed to be better maintained than other ships I have been on. The staff all were courteous even in the lower class areas.

I may go on the Freedom of the Seas if it comes into a port near me.

I guess I go on too much. If I were in your situation, I would look into the Celebrity Constellation as well as the QM2. If you can't find anything you want on those ships, look into Princess.

Archived