Liberty 3 day overnight Nassau formal night

Ekelley8804

Hi everyone,

I’ve been reading through the forums and haven’t found any answers so I hope I’m not repeating the same old questions...

We are scheduled on the 3 day Liberty cruise going to Nassau, where it docks overnight, in a couple of weeks. I’ve seen old FunTimes where they pulled out of Nassau at 5 and that was their formal night. Does anyone know if this is still the case being docked there overnight? Or will it be the last night which is a sea day? 

Also, we will be going to Aquaventure at Atlantis during the day, and we are planning on coming back to the boat for dinner. Will there be any reason to get off the boat and do anything in Nassau that evening? Or is that a bad idea? We’re a family of four including two teenagers. 

Another question I have is because of age, we have ourselves each booked with one of the teens only a couple of rooms away but we plan on letting the teens stay together while we stay together. (We have them scared into thinking they’ll get their freedom will be taken if they’re disruptive of other passengers). But my concern is not having access to the room I’m actually sleeping in. Can they make it so my card can access both rooms?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

The formal night is the 2nd night while the ship is in Nassau. Needless to say, It’s a very “casual” elegant night. A lot of people are still ashore, others are just returning to the ship and not dressed for elegant night, but there will still be people dressing up, just not as many.

As far as going ashore in Nassau during the night, I’d only do so if I’m going to enjoy the nightlife or go gambling at the Atlantis, or to go partying at Señor Frog’s. Otherwise I wouldn’t be wandering around. Nassau has its share of crime, so stay in tourist areas where there are a lot of people. 

14 minutes ago, Ekelley8804 said:

Oh really? Thank you! Should/Can I do the same for the teen that will have the card for our room but staying in the other?

Yep, just get them an extra card to open their correct door. Their original card will still be their main card to swipe for purchases and get on/off the ship. The extra will just open the correct door. 

It's been a long time since we did a 3-day cruise, but when we did, the formal night was while docked in Nassau. And I know it because my husband missed it! LOL! We were there with 3 other couples, and my husband and another husband did a shark diving trip. They ended up being much later back to the ship and decided there was no reason to rush, shower, change, and still be so late for dinner. And then the other husband changed his mind after they got back and showed up about halfway through the dinner! LOL! My husband was like "Dude! You made me look bad!" LOL! It wasn't a big deal at all though, I truly didn't care, he still got food.