Question about wait-listed excursions

rgmacm

We are wait-listed for an excursion...and I'm KICKING myself for allowing that to happen!!!!  UGH UGH!   Anyway, is it wise to go ahead and book another excursion to have something to fall back on?  With the cancellation policy being 5 days prior to the cruise, if we DID happen to get onto our 1st choice excursion I'm assuming it would be 'at the last minute'.  In that case would Princess allow us to cancel our 2nd/backup choice?  Or would we end up paying for BOTH excursions?  

Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this? 

OK....and I know this isn't something anyone can answer with definity....I know that no one can tell the future....but I'll go out on a limb and just ask it anyway.  🙂 Should I even maintain 'hope' that we'll get on the excursion we're wait-listed for....Has that ever happened to anyone???   Or do we just need to chalk it up to "lesson learned" and accept our fate....  *sad li'l sigh*  

Two times I've changed my mind about excursions while on board.  The Shore Excursion desk said I'd missed the deadline for a refund but if I gave them my tickets they would try and resell.  Both times my tickets were resold, so there is always the chance that someone might do the same on the excursion you want.

• Thanks 1