Tour booked w/skinny Carson....now where to go?

Saphira7

We have an upcoming day booked with skinny Carson, and I thought I would check on here to make sure that I am not missing anything.  We were thinking to be with him for 5-6 hours, ship is in port 8 from 11-7.  We are a group of 6 adults, who like to drink and eat yummy food on the beach.  Anything, with a pretty view, but we will be in Barbados so I'm sure it's all going to pretty. Animal flower cave sounds great, but I think it's on the north side and I don't think I want to spend the day in the car either.  So far we know we want to go to Bathsheba and crane beach, which looks to be closer southeast if I'm correct. Also, if I remember correctly those places are not ideal for calm water.  So thinking we may want to add a calm beach to our day as well, not sure which though.  I'm sure he will have suggestions, but any other thoughts from here?

Carlisle bay- about 5 minutes from the pier by taxi is lovely water and relatively calm.However, it does get busy at the beach clubs there- but lots to do.

The St Lawrence gap area has some nice beaches, but the best are on the west coast near Holetown.

13 hours ago, annie99 said:

Carlisle bay- about 5 minutes from the pier by taxi is lovely water and relatively calm.However, it does get busy at the beach clubs there- but lots to do.

The St Lawrence gap area has some nice beaches, but the best are on the west coast near Holetown.

Thanks, I will probably stay away from the Carlisle bay being so close to the pier, but I for sure will look up the St Lawrence gap area.

• 2 weeks later...

If you go north leaving the pier toward Speightstown and then hang a right, you’ll go across the island toward Bathsheba. There is a spot at the top of the ridge with a SPECTACULAR view of the east coast. I think it’s well worth it. Bathsheba is another 15 minutes or so from there. 

We did that trip with one of Carson’s drivers and we ended at a very nice, but busy beach serving flying fish sandwiches. 

• Like 1

If you want a nice calm beach you could go to Alleynes Bay on the West Coast. This is a fabulous beach away from the cruise ship crowds. There are a few places to eat from casual beach bars to the Lone Star restaurant. You can hire beds here if you wish.

If you want a casual lunch you have JuJu's beach bar.  I am sure your driver will know it. The Fairmont Royal Pavillion is on this stretch of beach and their beach bar also does really good food and drinks. The lovely Lone Star is a great place to spend a few hours eating and drinking too.

• Thanks 1