NCL Dawn Dec W Caribbean

COSCruisers

One of our previous cabin stewards we've had before is on the Dawn and that sailing.   He messaged my wife on FB that the crew had been told of the Captain's decision to not try docking in Cozumel that day.  With Carnival's event just a short time later, guess he made a good decision.  

On 1/9/2020 at 10:03 PM, COSCruisers said:

In the evening we enjoyed a fantastic show by the aerialists in theater followed by our O'Sheehan's drink.

One of my favorite people on the cruise was the bartender at the wine and mixed drinks bar at the buffet.  I wish I would have gotten his name.  He was from India.  He mixed an incredible Jack and Coke and had a very friendly, outgoing personality.  I looked for him nightly.

I'm going on the Dawn on Feb 2nd.  I heard somewhere that some of the safes on the Dawn were not working.

Did the safes work for your cruise? Thanks

Thank you for your review. Sounds like you had some interesting adventures. 

We have been on Dawn twice and we glad to see her back in Tampa for this season. We will be on a Western Caribbean sailing in March. 

You described several activities that might be of interest so will check out the NCL shore excursions.

Thanks again!

We have been on Dawn twice and we glad to see her back in Tampa for this season. We will be on a Western Caribbean sailing in March. 

You described several activities that might be of interest so will check out the NCL shore excursions.

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

Day 6--Cozumel or Not

After a rough night sailing we almost arrived at Cozumel.  This was the day that the two Carnival ships collided in port.  Our captain announced that it was too windy and too dangerous to dock that day; this was about an hour before the two Carnivals had their incident.  A revised daily was rushed out with augmented activities.

We enjoyed a relaxed day aboard.  For me there's almost nothing better than enjoying coffee on the balcony while we are sailing.  In the we enjoyed "The Secret Life of Pets 2" in the Stardust Theater.  Our daughter went to see "Crazy Rich Asians" later in the afternoon while we napped.  After another great dinner in the Aqua MDR, we went to the theater to enjoy "Elements."  It was booked as the best show onboard, although, honestly, I enjoyed the two musical productions more--a personal preference.  We capped the evening with a drink up at the Topsiders Bar.  Even though we missed Cozumel, it was a very enjoyable day.

Saturday was a sea day for us.  The seas were rough; it was windy; the promenade deck was closed due to wind and waves.  It was a relaxed day for us.  We had reserved the behind the scenes tour of the ship and thoroughly enjoyed it.  There are so many people working hard that we can enjoy our vacation!

1454181183_Day7Daily.thumb.jpg.6ef91981b56eca7184ef43514d8dcccf.jpg

20191221_152110.thumb.jpg.58ce6aedfdde807637a23114531e364f.jpg

20191221_152742.thumb.jpg.3c6493c268a481ab7afdb098e12e35b9.jpgCrew mess:

20191221_155445.thumb.jpg.8f03aabe91093fc14736adba8eb8bb76.jpg

Main galley:

20191221_155736.thumb.jpg.b58f2ded63bd1bf0e117c3ff52eeda58.jpg

20191221_164512.thumb.jpg.00e3dab8bb0a38e893c3d1b2e2019ccb.jpg20191221_164304.thumb.jpg.a0a74d1b200a6bdcc9f07f472dd909be.jpg

In the afternoon I attended the crew talent show in the theater.  It was very good--some very talented singers as well as the bartender juggler!  Our favorite MDR server did a Thai dance with a friend.

That evening we attended the Jackson Rayne magic show in the theater.  It was great!!!

We ended the evening with a drink before going to our stateroom for final packing.  The directions for disembarkation were very clear in the daily.  

Disembarkation was really pretty efficient.  There did seem to be a bit of a kink that the fuel tender arrived when we were all on deck; that seemed to put a halt to all movement on our side of the ship.  Once inside the terminal everything went well.  All our bags were right together.  Customs was friendly and efficient.  Our bus to the airport was right outside waiting.

20191222_082608.thumb.jpg.8ac83a3e7fdc165795110999740880b1.jpg1721974794_DisembarkationInformation.thumb.jpg.3aa57b3aa88d13f1f22885634e641cda.jpg

I certainly hope it's clear after reading this far that we REALLY enjoyed our first cruise.  We are already planning another!

Day 7 Daily.jpg

20191221_152110.jpg

20191221_153411.jpg

• Like 1