Barbados

PAULINELESLEY

54 minutes ago, PAULINELESLEY said:

Can anyone recommend a hotel near the port in Barbados please.

When we left the ship last Saturday we stayed at Sweetfield Manor, 10 minutes from the Cruise Terminal. https://sweetfieldmanor.com/ we stayed from 10am until leaving to the airport at 4pm. It was a lovely place, very clean and comfortable, they do arrange transfers.

Others have used the Hilton Hotel, cant remember how that is from the Cruise Terminal, about 20 minutes I think?

Can I piggy-back on this?  We arrive in Barbados at 1:15pm on Sat, 2/29 but we can’t board this ship until about 6:00-6:30.  Would they allow us to check our luggage in before that so that we can sight-see before boarding?  The ship departs at 11pm.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, SilverBlue said:

Can I piggy-back on this?  We arrive in Barbados at 1:15pm on Sat, 2/29 but we can’t board this ship until about 6:00-6:30.  Would they allow us to check our luggage in before that so that we can sight-see before boarding?  The ship departs at 11pm.  Thanks!

Silver Blue,

Please clarify, are you talking about boarding a Seabourn ship? If so why can you not board until 6--00?  I have always boarded around lunch time with my luggage?

18 hours ago, fudge said:

Silver Blue,

Please clarify, are you talking about boarding a Seabourn ship? If so why can you not board until 6--00?  I have always boarded around lunch time with my luggage?

I must have misunderstood - my original itinerary said departure time was 6pm.  When I got the official documents, the departure time was 11pm (I was on Wind Surf in the past and the departure time was 11pm and we landed at BGI at 8pm).  Based on that, I assumed the 6pm time was actually embarkation.  Never even thought that regardless of the departure time, we would still board around the lunch hour!  Thank you fudge for turning he light bulb on!  I enjoyed the posting of your recent trip!

Edited by SilverBlue