Favorite Spa treatment on Voyager Class Ships

Madison81

We will be taking a cruise on the Explorer and have been reading a few of the spa threads trying to figure out which treatment or massage would be the best for my DH & I. I realize that it is much more expensive then I could get at home but we plan trying at least one thing that the spa offers, just can't decide what.

So what was you favorite spa treatment and why?

On the Mariner, they had a special for a fairly cheap (don't remember how much, but I thought it wasn't bad, so that's saying something...) hot stone massage. I've had stone massages before and they're just AWESOME! However, I do agree with SPG on the Rasul. You get the products on your own, and the "couples" would be fun. Trying to convince DH to pull himself away from the sun long enough to try it!

You and your significant other check into the spa where they show you to the rasul chamber. You first shower and use a special exfoliating scrub and then you head into the inner chamber (steam room) where you apply various muds from head to toe. You relax for a while and when your nearing the end of your time, it starts to rain. :eek: Watch out, those first few seconds of rain coming from above are kinda cold! Rinse off and then head back out and feel free to shower and use all the Elemis products they have put out for you. When your done you simply leave! Oh, don't forget to pay. ;)

Here's some pics from a voyager class rasul...

http://homepage.mac.com/scottsquared/PhotoAlbum45.html

We haven't used the "facilities" since we were on the Adventure. We ran into a slightly awkward situation in there and have since avoided them. LOL :eek:

(The assistant cruise director thought it was a good place to shave.....if you catch my drift)

Assuming the Voyager class facilities are similar, they are very nice! No pics of that though. ;)

Wow....tipping. :) It's always a personal issue.

Personally, we tipped something everytime. The gal that checked us in also showed us around the spa and then explained the Rasul procedure to us. We tipped her cause she made us laugh the whole time.

It's always up to you.

A little FYI...

As soon as you get on the ship, go to the spa and sign up for one of the tours. It's only 10 or 15 minutes and will give you a chance to see the services and facilities. At the end of the tour you have the option to make any apointments for the week at a discount if you make them then and there. If you get on the ship REALLY EARLY, go to the spa and they may even let you be a model for one of their procedures. It's a free spa service (except for tip of course) but the door will be open and people in the tour can see what's going on.

How were that changeroom facilities on the Mariner, lots of space? Did they have sauna/steam room?

Thanks

I thought there was plenty of room. Matter of fact, DH, FIL and I were all in a small interior cabin for 7 days over Thanksgiving. Every morning, I took my shower things, sat in the steam room for a bit, and took my shower at the spa rather than my room. I LOVED it. Yes, they have a nice sauna and steam room.

As far as I know, there are NO co-ed steam rooms.

Thanks for the info everyone, I really appreciate it! The Rasul sounds wonderful and so does the hot stone massage :cool:

I have a couple more questions....

1. Is the sauna/steam room free for anyone, free just for those using other spa treatments, or do you have to pay to use it?

2. On one of the previous spa threads I thought I saw a link to a website for the compnay that does the spa treatments and sells their products on the ship but now I can't find it anywhere, does anyone know where it is or the name of the company so I can do a better search?

Thanks again :)

Rasul!!!

I am a man...Married 17 years. Usually when you mention Spa to a man his reply is "you go ahead honey, I'll stay here and watch TV". My wife and I now have a standing procedure to sign up for the Rasul the second we arrive on the ship. Let me tell you a little about the procedure. EXCLAIMER: NOT FOR THE WEAK OF HEART.

You begin by showering together and cleansing your entire body with awsome potions and lotions. Things with mint, eucalyptis (sp), fruits, berries, exotic fragrances. This stuff goes all over your body, yes I said all over your body. (I'm keeping this PG). There is also some sea salt you rub all over your body, when you wash it off your body is smooth. Shower is great, but the best is yet to come.

You then enter the Steam/rain/sauna room. Here you apply a seaweed/mud pack all over each other. You must take your time though, don't miss any spots. This stuff really opens up the pores and your sinuses. There is also more sea salt and other lotions you can apply. You just relax in the heat or keep applying other things to each other (my favorite part). But be careful if you sit or lie on the benches, you are full of mud and lotions and tend to slip about a little (another of my favorite parts).

While you are relaxing it begins to rain on you (Jewel OTS had a great room)(Navigator OTS room wasn't as big but was adequate). The rain is warm, Hotter if you stand up. It is a very pleasant feeling to have the rain come down and wash away all the mud or sea salt.

They always tell us to take our time, I guess if you are running overtime they will knock or something. By the time you come out your legs are rubbery, you are so relaxed. There is so much more to the Rasul, but I'm usually in such a daze that I forget about time or where I am. This is a great Valentines/Anniversary present.

Don't take my word for it,,,,try it your self. I'd send pics, but the PG rating would no longer apply.

Rasul!!!

I am a man...Married 17 years. Usually when you mention Spa to a man his reply is "you go ahead honey, I'll stay here and watch TV". My wife and I now have a standing procedure to sign up for the Rasul the second we arrive on the ship. Let me tell you a little about the procedure. EXCLAIMER: NOT FOR THE WEAK OF HEART.

You begin by showering together and cleansing your entire body with awsome potions and lotions. Things with mint, eucalyptis (sp), fruits, berries, exotic fragrances. This stuff goes all over your body, yes I said all over your body. (I'm keeping this PG). There is also some sea salt you rub all over your body, when you wash it off your body is smooth. Shower is great, but the best is yet to come.

You then enter the Steam/rain/sauna room. Here you apply a seaweed/mud pack all over each other. You must take your time though, don't miss any spots. This stuff really opens up the pores and your sinuses. There is also more sea salt and other lotions you can apply. You just relax in the heat or keep applying other things to each other (my favorite part). But be careful if you sit or lie on the benches, you are full of mud and lotions and tend to slip about a little (another of my favorite parts).

While you are relaxing it begins to rain on you (Jewel OTS had a great room)(Navigator OTS room wasn't as big but was adequate). The rain is warm, Hotter if you stand up. It is a very pleasant feeling to have the rain come down and wash away all the mud or sea salt.

They always tell us to take our time, I guess if you are running overtime they will knock or something. By the time you come out your legs are rubbery, you are so relaxed. There is so much more to the Rasul, but I'm usually in such a daze that I forget about time or where I am. This is a great Valentines/Anniversary present.

Don't take my word for it,,,,try it your self. I'd send pics, but the PG rating would no longer apply.

That was a better read than most of those trashy novels I take with me to the pool deck...:eek: :D

Rasul!!!

We will have been married 17 yrs in April and my DH had exactly the response you mention when I said I wanted to try the spa <LOL>. Your explaination was great and now he has decided to try it with me :) . Infact I've been trying to get friends of ours to come on the same cruise with us and they had come over last night. Well after I mentioned the Rasul and your description they were sold on taking the cruise and trying the Rasul for themselves - Thanks :D

Madison81,

Just curious are you bringing the friends on the Rasul with you or the cruise? If the rasul......I think everyone would like to hear your description of the procedure next time around.

We are going on the Explorer this weekend. I may convince my DW that we need Rasul on both Sea Days. :D

Madison81,

Just curious are you bringing the friends on the Rasul with you or the cruise? If the rasul......I think everyone would like to hear your description of the procedure next time around.

We are going on the Explorer this weekend. I may convince my DW that we need Rasul on both Sea Days.

Gee...didn't I read somewhere on this board that what happens on the ship stays on the ship???:rolleyes: :p ;)

No, actually it will be just me and my Dh trying the Rasul by ourselves (which sounds like it should be fun enough :D ) and our friends who have decided to cruise with us can try it themselves. Of course I'm going to make sure they book their spa appt after I book mine just in case it's almost booked solid by the time we get on board.

Have a great time on the Explorer and hope you get your two Rasul's, I know I wouldn't need to much convincing to do two spa treatments, Rasul or otherwise, on the seadays! :)

I did a spa treatment everyday on Navigator...loved the facial whre you held the electrical thing....also LOVED the seaweed wrap that included a complete head and foot massage while you laid there. I just went in every morning and did the "special". I was very disappointed that yoga classes were an additional $10.....they started late (waiting for people to show late that had signed up)...noisy as they are exposed to weight room and short...ended up 35 minutes. No way long enough for a good yoga practice. I was so disappointed I wanted the charge removed which they would not do. It was my first cruise and my only complaint. I guess the spa is not part of RCCL/

loved the facial whre you held the electrical thing..../

Was that the "Galvanic" facial? If so, it was rather nice. I tend to shy away from a lot of facials because I don't like getting picked at and then breaking out over the next few days. The Galvanic one was very soothing...with no picking whatsoever. :D It's also one of the few facials I have had that didn't result in any breakouts.

Archived