NCL Airfare

Monstica

Hi, I just put a deposit on the NCL Getaway leaving out of Rome on August 20th.  I told them I would go with their airfare but probably could get it cheaper but I am afraid that if the ship changes itineraries I will be stuck with the airfare I booked and I am afraid I wont get a direct flight to Rome. I also went with their hotel.  Is this a good idea?  Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

NCL sells hotels on a per person rate. This increases the chance of it being over priced, but not guaranteed. 

While itinerary changes happen, it's not that frequent.

Another thing to consider is NCL gave free airfare as a promo for a huge chunk of last year. If something does go wrong there may be a lot of people inundating NCL's air people. 

We were very pleased with our NCL Mediterreanean cruise from Barcelona last year. We traveled with NCL's discounted airfare and had great flights booked: nonstop from Newark to Barcelona and back. No guarantee that we would get such good flights, but super happy that we did. Flew United and all of my frequent flyer perks applied. We arrived one day early to allow time to explore Barcelona and boy did we!

We booked the NCL hotel in Barcelona, but I did it on my own, not through NCL. The one downside was I booked my own transfer from the airport to the hotel and there was some difficulty with our meet up and we ended up waiting 20-30 minutes for our driver. Getting to the port in Barcelona was quick and easy by taxi. The port is not near Rome so I highly suggest booking the NCL transfer to and from the ship for your trip.

If your airfare is via the promotion (discounted) I would feel good keeping it with NCL. If it isn't through the promotion get an NCL quote and look on your own. 

We recently booked a cruise departing from Tokyo with NCL and we have accepted the discounted airfare perk. I am comfortable letting NCL book and like the initial routing they show, though that routing could easily change by booking time 8 months from now.

We will book our own hotel, actually at this time NCL isn't offering a Tokyo hotel. 

I hope that helps!