Another Excursion Selection Process Question

pappy1022

I promise this will be my last procedural question as I am slated to make my selections this weekend. Do you recommend selecting 1 port tour at at time and finishing the booking process before moving on, or is it better to make all of your selections for all ports before finishing the booking process? I understand the online process can be slow and funky and patience is required. 

I will start bookings with a plan to do them all at one time.  If I find the internet slow or somehow get knocked off the RSSC web, then I will do one booking at a time through completion.  There were times I have been able to do all the bookings and then other times, the internet has not been cooperating.

1 hour ago, pappy1022 said:

I promise this will be my last procedural question as I am slated to make my selections this weekend. Do you recommend selecting 1 port tour at at time and finishing the booking process before moving on, or is it better to make all of your selections for all ports before finishing the booking process? I understand the online process can be slow and funky and patience is required. 

I do our "must haves" first; then check to make sure that those reservations  are listed in our Account. Then, with pressure over, I do the rest. Seems like there is always a bump in the road, so relax - everything has always worked out OK for us.  Any troubles that I can't resolve, I call Regent in the morning. As others have said, check your Account once in a while as sometimes new excursions/times are offered without announcement.

• Like 1

I've done them both ways.  If you have an absolute must have, book it first and then go back and finish.  On. our first cruise last year, I did them one at a time.. way too time consuming. So this year I did all at once.  Worked out great.  And the big advantage is you get an email with your choices. It's a pain to get an individual emails for every choice.  

One more comment.  If the excursion you want isn't on the list, keep checking back. We found that last year.  I booked an excursion because the one I wanted wasn't offered.  Then the next day I checked again and it was there.  I had to call Regent and get it switched, but no real problem.

For our cruise in June, one port showed no excursions (still doesn't).  I called Regent and they were able to book what I wanted even though nothing was listed.  So if you have a port with no excursions listed, give them a call.  

Edited by papaflamingo

44 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

I've done them both ways.  If you have an absolute must have, book it first and then go back and finish.  On. our first cruise last year, I did them one at a time.. way too time consuming. So this year I did all at once.  Worked out great.  And the big advantage is you get an email with your choices. It's a pain to get an individual emails for every choice.  

One more comment.  If the excursion you want isn't on the list, keep checking back. We found that last year.  I booked an excursion because the one I wanted wasn't offered.  Then the next day I checked again and it was there.  I had to call Regent and get it switched, but no real problem.

For our cruise in June, one port showed no excursions (still doesn't).  I called Regent and they were able to book what I wanted even though nothing was listed.  So if you have a port with no excursions listed, give them a call.  

Excellent!! Thanks for the information/advice!

• Like 1