Booked Through Viator, taken for a ride

Jellyfish21

We booked the Daniel Johnson monkey/ sloth center with day at banarama. The excursion was to take us to the DJ center, then we would go to the beach ( cost of chairs included)

Driver was Loren, he took us to Jungle Top, muttered something about it being better than the Daniel Johnson center and we were shown the restaurant where we could get drinks later and the zip lining. We held a couple of birds, two different monkeys( very depressing looking cages) and a sloth . Took about 25 minutes.

He took us to Banarama. He walked us over to a table  by bar and we told him we’d want pickup at 2:30

He NEVER gave us the wrist bands! Banarama called him, no answer. We had to pay $20 for something that was SUPPOSED to be included!

We waited and waited for him to pick us up.

We were in the parking lot at 3:30 looking for a cab when we saw him - he was 45 minutes late!. He claimed that Banarama ripped us off. We were at port when he said this and I told him we had a receipt for the chairs we paid for ( yes, we asked and got a receipt!) He asked for the receipt , said he would take it to the office , but sorry, I didn’t trust as I didn’t see any office .

I wouldn’t book through Viator again .

BTW, we’ve booked Banarama online at least five times in the past and every time the cab driver bought the bands and gave them to us.

Since this excursion stated that beach chairs/ facility access was included, I think it was reasonable to assume that he’d do the same .

If by Viator you mean Bodden...I reccomend you email him straight away so he knows Loren is not doing his job. Bodden maybe willing to refund some of your money. I understand this will not save you tour. 

Good help is hard to find anywhere and Bodden needs to know Loren is not up to snuff. 

Out of Curiosity- where did your ship dock?