Royal Caribbean Insurance and Air2Sea

M3rge

Hi everybody!

Like the topic say, I have an upcoming trip on March aboard the Symphony of the Seas. This would be our first time and we are very excited. One important question I have is in regards the Travel Insurance. I already read the policy and I saw some posts of scenarios were the insurance have to be used.

I booked the trip on the first week of january. I also need to flight to MIA and make a reservation for 1 day so the next day we could sail on. I see RCI have Air2Sea and seem's pretty simple. 

Buying the insurance and booking flight tickets through Air2Sea make the process easier in case of a claim for the flight since was done through RCI? Any advice about the insurance that we should know along with Air2Sea? 

Thanks everyone!

8 hours ago, M3rge said:

Like the topic say, I have an upcoming trip on March aboard the Symphony of the Seas. This would be our first time and we are very excited. One important question I have is in regards the Travel Insurance. I already read the policy and I saw some posts of scenarios were the insurance have to be used.

I booked the trip on the first week of january. I also need to flight to MIA and make a reservation for 1 day so the next day we could sail on. I see RCI have Air2Sea and seem's pretty simple. 

Buying the insurance and booking flight tickets through Air2Sea make the process easier in case of a claim for the flight since was done through RCI? Any advice about the insurance that we should know along with Air2Sea? 

Cruise line insurance may be simple, but for most people, there are a lot of third party policies that offer better coverage at at lower premium.  Everyone's circumstances are different, so you need to read the policies or work with an insurance broker to find the best coverage for you. 

Here are a few items regarding Royal Caribbean's Travel Protection Program.  All of these items are about the worst coverage you can find in a cruise line plan. Just about any comprehensive third party plan will offer better coverage.

• Emergency medical is limited to $10K.  Unless you have other insurance that covers you out of the country, IMHO, this is inadequate.
  • Medical evacuation is limited to $25K.  In general, this is inadequate but depending on where you are going, it might be enough.
  • Cancel For Any Reason coverage is only a 75% cruise credit and Air2Sea is specifically excluded.

If you have not already purchased the RCI plan, you may want to call one of the brokers typically mentioned on these forums.  I like tripinsurancestore.com and many others have been happy with insuremytrip.com.

• Like 1

Thanks you for your reply!

I move forward with Insuremytrip. RCI Insurance was more expensive and had way much less options compared to Insuremytrip. Very easy to compared, buy and receive the documents. 👍🏻