Falmouth

disneygirl2

We did it, briefly, when we got there in July. Expect to be met immediately on leaving the gates by someone volunteering to act as a tour guide. We kept saying no, and they kept following us. Once we found one specific person we liked and agreed to his services, all of the other prospective guides fell away. I felt perfectly safe, but I did not feel free to explore on my own.

We then went back to the pier area and waited for the trip we had booked with Jamaica Culinary Tours. In addition to some delicious food, that provided me with someone who could give me and our group a much better sense of what we were looking at. I would do that again in a heartbeat. If you would prefer to just stay inside the pier area, there is a Margaritaville and a good bit of shopping and eating. I actually found some splendid patties there-- think of a meat pie. My teenager also had some excellent iced coffee. If you want to see a video of the pier area, I have one here. Happy sailing!

we did it, not really worth it. It's just a fishing village. Some kind of a nice church, if you are into that kind of thing.

DH had some jerk chicken in a "hole in a wall" rest. I don't eat off the cruise. DH paid the "guide" about $20 and bought him a beer as well.