Summit vs Equinox

solectod

My wife and I are looking to book a cruise for this summer and we settled on either the Summit to Bermuda (7 nights), or the Equinox to the Western Caribbean (6 nights).  

Travelling:  we live in NJ so if we choose the Summit we would either get a ride to or just park at the port.  If we choose the Equinox we would have to fly down to Ft Lauderdale the day before and stay over.  I have enough points saved for 1 free flight and the hotel stay would be free as well.

Comparing the prices for each cruise for the class we want, the Summit would be about $700 more expensive; however the travel to the ship would be less involved as mentioned above.  

What are the pros and cons of each ship?  After doing a little research, I know that Equinox is a in the Solstice Series and the Summit is in the Millennium Series.  Is it worth it to travel that extra day just to save a few hundred dollars?

The Equinox is my favorite ship, but I'm not a fan of the Western Caribbean itinerary.   I loved the Summit as well.  The smaller size was perfect for me.  Personally,  if I had those options, I'd pick the Summit and Bermuda.  I loved the idea of not having to rush and see everything on an island in a short period of time.  Being in port for a few days was fantastic. 

Personally... I'd choose the Summit. I love both ships. I was on Equinox in October and will be on Summit in May. I'd choose Summit, though, for these reasons:

Ease of travel

An extra day on a ship instead of an extra travel day - hotel/air may be free but the transfers and extra meals are not

Itinerary

Time of year

You said "summer". The W Carib is going to be HOT in summer. Bermuda is beautiful and if you've never been there you should go. I also don't care for the W. Carib ports regardless of the ship I'm on. So for me it would be an easy choice. I don't think you can go wrong with either ship.

• Like 2