Platinum check in NY

soozles

We are booked on a Sunrise cruise out of NY, and have booked 2 connecting Oceanview rooms as it will be me, my husband, and our 2 boys. I have platinum status, my husband does not. In order to book the 2 rooms, we had to put 1 adult and 1 baby listed in each room, though it is all linked and I can see information for both rooms on my cruise planner. 

Would we be able to go through platinum check in together? Normally when it was just me and my husband, we both went into the platinum check in. Just wasn’t sure how it would work now that we have 2 cabins, even though the confirmations are linked. 

I have a similar situation for our upcoming cruise: booked two cabins at the same time, I'm platinum and the other three are not. I've asked the same question as you have, and the responses I have received are that only the person sharing my cabin gets to accompany me through platinum check-in; the other two in the other cabin do not.

I have no direct experience with this (at least not until our cruise in a few weeks), but this is what others have consistently told me.

The P/D cruiser and anyone in the same cabin get P/D check-in.  Only if your children are in a separate cabin with only minors do they get P/D check-in with you.  

If you explain the situation to the port personnel, they may grant an exception, but don't count on it.  

5 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The P/D cruiser and anyone in the same cabin get P/D check-in.  Only if your children are in a separate cabin with only minors do they get P/D check-in with you.  

If you explain the situation to the port personnel, they may grant an exception, but don't count on it.  

When we booked they told us that an adult needs to be listed in each room, and we can switch when we’re onboard. It’s going to be tough if we have to split up, they’re both going to be under 2 when we cruise. Maybe if we go to the terminal later in the day after the initial rush to get onboard we’ll have an easier time. We live about 30 minute drive from the terminal and someone will drive us, so we can maybe just show up later. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

You can also all go through regular check-in together.

Oh really? Last time I went on a carnival cruise With another couple that didn’t have platinum, they told us we had to go through the platinum check in because that’s where our cards were. I think this was out of miami, but it was probably about 8 years ago. Guess we’ll see what happens when we get there. Hopefully if we come late enough the lines won’t be bad. 

2 minutes ago, soozles said:

Last time I went on a carnival cruise With another couple that didn’t have platinum, they told us we had to go through the platinum check in because that’s where our cards were.

S&S cards are no longer distributed at check-in. They are now in a sealed envelope in the mail holder next to your cabin door.

6 minutes ago, kingston13 said:

I would go later but now that keys are in the room mailbox going to the other line is no problem.

Guess it shows how long it’s been since I’ve been on carnival...  good to know we can just all go together through the regular line. Hopefully if we get there later we can just bypass much of the lines and then not having the priority check in won’t be a huge deal. 

He may not be able to board with you, but you can certainly board with him.  Meaning, just wait to go to port until whatever check-in time you are both assigned.  Assuming you are able to choose the same time for both rooms of course; if not, just go at the later time.  Your room will still be ready when you board, though the other one will not be.  But, you will at least have access to one room so that you can drop off your stuff.