Kristiansand

TMLAalum

Our itinerary was quite port intensive and we were happy to relax a bit and simply walk around town and along some of the waterfront, but it doesn't take very long to do that.

Suggest you look at the KristiansAnd info on whatsinport.com as there are several suggestions and transport info. Do not confuse it with KristansUnd.

It is our "go to" port info website with much more info than its title suggests.

And Tripadvisor.

Depends on your interests.  The town itself is walkable and a few things to look at, but not many attractions per se.  A bit out of town is the Cannon museum, Setesdal Mineral Park and the Setesdalbanen Vintage Railway.   

We did the railway, caught a bus to the town of Grovane and the train travels to Roykes return alongside rivers and lakes, only runs on Wednesdays and weekends however.

20160911_113433.jpg

DSCN5812.JPG

DSCN5748.JPG

DSCN5793.JPG

Thanks for everyone's input thus far....

We are in Kristiandand on Monday 8/24 so the train is not an option, darn.

I have bookmarked the link to Tom's Port Guides. Kristiansand is our 1st port-of-call after leaving Copenhagen the previous evening.

Barb

I would definitely try to take a visit to the Archive and be sure to take a guided tour.   The building was used by the Gestapo during WW II for torture and investigation.  The tour was so well done and I found myself being very moved by some of the stories being told.  

4 hours ago, kristmay said:

I would definitely try to take a visit to the Archive and be sure to take a guided tour.   The building was used by the Gestapo during WW II for torture and investigation.  The tour was so well done and I found myself being very moved by some of the stories being told.  

I will definitely check into the Archive. DH & I were recently on a tour of Dachau followed by a visit the next day to the Munich Documentation Center. Never Again.