Recent cruisers off the Coral

mmsoko

I went on the Coral last April/May through the Panama Canal, Ft Lauderdale to San Francisco, it was great. Took my teenage grandson he turned 18 on the ship. One of my high lights was the pottery I was able to make a bowl from beginning to end. They have a oven for burning,(sure not what it is called). Only two ships have this the Coral and its sister ship the Island Princess. Going through the Canal was really great. Coral is a beautiful ship. It was a great experience for my grandson also.

Delores

We just got off the Jan 23-Feb 02 sailing of the Coral and it was wonderful. Staff were great, food was excellent, ship is beautiful. We had a balcony on Baja, midship and even though we were close to the bump out we had great views.

We toured with Phil Lafayette in Jamaica and had the best tour of the cruise. The best part was the Thermal suite in the Spa!! We put our deposit down for our next cruise before we left the ship.

I was on the Coral this past December and had a great time. It was the 2nd time I had been on this ship. It never feels crowded, service and food was good. The age range of passengers was mostly from 50-80 with a few younger (including me). Not too many kids or teens and they weren't seen or heard much. Entertainment was ok...not as good as the last time. It's a very laid back ship without a lot of partying so if you are looking for partying go elsewhere. I would suggest it to anyone who wants to have a nice, relaxed cruise.

I was on the Coral Jan. 13. We had a balcony cabin on Caribe - totally covered.

I had no complaint with the food, there was always lots of choices both in the dining room and the buffet. The staff in the buffet are terrific. They couldn't do enough for you and you only have to ask and it's done.

I don't drink coffee but I heard mixed reviews from people but that seems to apply to all Princess ships.

The shows were very good and the Princess dancers put on a really good show.

I found the ship easy to get around and frankly just loved the whole trip.

I'm not into seminars and things like that and just enjoyed spending time in a chair reading or people watching.

We tendered at Grand Cayman and Cozumel. It can be kind of exciting because the ferry is plunging back and forth while you are loading and unloading. I don't think there were any major problems with getting ashore. If you have a ship excursion booked you'll get priority. In Cozumel we just waited until the rush died down at lunchtime and went ashore with a lot of the officers and crew.

I really liked the Coral and wouldn't hesitate to cruise again on her.

Although not really what you'd term "recent", our repositioning cruise on the Coral in Oct 2004 from San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale was exceptional in every way! It was our first cruise (15 nights) and it is the standard that we will judge all other cruises by . We've cruised twice since then (RC's Jewel of the Seas and the Tahitian Princess), and though both were fine, neither measured up to the staff or the ambience of the Coral. We had a half-covered large balcony on the Caribe. The food, the friendly, efficient and entertaining staff (Attilla was hilarious AND elegant), the beautiful decor, the roomy feel of the public areas -were all superb. We loved the sea days and the variety of things to do, whether just reading & relaxing or partaking in the many entertainments offered. Our cruise on the TP was just a tiny step down from the Coral, so wev'e decided to just stay with Princess.

We are just off of the Coral February 2nd. It was our first Princess cruise and we are hooked! Arrived at the pier at 11:15 and were on board before noon. The ship itself was wonderful, service excellent, entertainment very good and the food quality, quantity and availability terrific. We did PC dining and never had to wait any longer than 5-10 minutes. That being said we did eat late each night between 7:00 and 8:15. We also found going to Horizon Court at 2:00 for lunch was much less crowded than around the noon to 1:30 time. The entire cruise was super!

Archived