Royal Caribbean St. John Beach and snorkel

SECdawg

Can anyone give us information on the Royal Caribbean Sail and Snorkel excursion? I know it goes to Trunk Bay, Are there chairs, food, drink or restrooms at the beach? Is it very crowded? Is the snorkeling good? We have considered going by ferry and would like to hear other snorkel spots that are good. Is it hard getting a taxi back on St, John to Cruz Bay to catch the ferry.

Any information from your past experiences would be appreciated.

Donna

11 hours ago, SECdawg said:

Can anyone give us information on the Royal Caribbean Sail and Snorkel excursion? I know it goes to Trunk Bay, Are there chairs, food, drink or restrooms at the beach? Yes.

Is it very crowded? Depends on your definition. It’s generally one of the busiest beaches on STJ, but it’s not the Jersey Shore. I would not let this deter  you from going..

Is the snorkeling good? We have considered going by ferry and would like to hear other snorkel spots that are good. IME it’s average. It’s not practical for day trippers to reach the best snorkel spots on the island. Other North Shore beaches (Maho, Francis, Waterlemon) have better snorkeling than Trunk, but taxi service is hit or miss without some kind of arrangement.

Is it hard getting a taxi back on St, John to Cruz Bay to catch the ferry. It’s easiest from Trunk. You can catch taxis back from Maho or Cinnamon, but it’s hit or miss unless you make arrangements.

Donna

11 hours ago, SECdawg said:

Can anyone give us information on the Royal Caribbean Sail and Snorkel excursion? I know it goes to Trunk Bay, Are there chairs, food, drink or restrooms at the beach? Is it very crowded? Is the snorkeling good? We have considered going by ferry and would like to hear other snorkel spots that are good. Is it hard getting a taxi back on St, John to Cruz Bay to catch the ferry.

Donna

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...