Surfing in Cozumel (I actually did it!)

CelK

I'm not young (nearing 50) and not in the best shape of my life, but decided to give surfing a try with my 16 year old son (who did this with Nacho at Cozumel Surfing last year on the cruise and loved it). I was nervous - almost backed out - but Nacho was wonderful and encouraging and assured me that I'd be fine and would be able to do it. His instruction was great and he was so helpful (along with the other guys he works with) and finally I did it - I got up (multiple times!) and it was awesome. It was so much fun and I have to thank Nacho for all of that. It's a great thing to do in Cozumel (and if I can do it, so can you!) and I would HIGHLY recommend. We'll definitely be back and do it again the next time we're in Cozumel.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 9:22 AM, rnr4thatsme said:

Cozumel Surfing - is that far from the port?    My 16 year old daughter wants to try it, and I'm also nearing 50 and a little apprehensive!!!   Sounds fun!

Honestly - you should give it a shot.  He was really helpful and encouraging and never made me feel like I couldn't do it.  We booked a ride with him ($20 per person) and it works really well.  We meet him just a short walk away from the port.  There's a restaurant they'll drive you to (sometimes they do the surfing lessons right there, depending on weather) that's worth spending a little time at after.  And he makes sure you get back to the port in PLENTY of time.

• Like 1