Royal Tots on Ovation? Or any toddler advice

mckay11

Hello, This June will be the first time that my husband and I (and in-laws) will be sailing with our then-16 month old. We'll be cruising to Alaska on Ovation. I'm having trouble finding out if Ovation has an area for toddlers (is it called the Royal Babies and Tots area?). Can anyone tell me if this ship has any designated areas for babies/toddlers?

Also, if anyone has any tips for cruising with a toddler, I'm all ears! I know there is a separate Family Cruise board. I need to spend some serious time digging into that. But I was hoping to get some Royal-specific info.

Thank you!

23 minutes ago, mckay11 said:

Can anyone tell me if this ship has any designated areas for babies/toddlers?

Yes they have royal tots: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3231

Tips:

- When we cruised on Anthem with DS at 10 months old, we found he was very entertained just being wheeled around the ship in his stroller looking at the lights. At 16 months and possibly walking, you might have to do a little more chasing, lol.

- Bring an inflatable tub for bathing.

- I *think* there is a kiddie spash pool. There was on Anthem and the ovation deck plan seems to have one in the same place. So bring swim diapers as it's the only water area for the non toilet trained kiddos.

- If you haven't ridden elevators much, practice before you get there.

40 minutes ago, mckay11 said:

Hello, This June will be the first time that my husband and I (and in-laws) will be sailing with our then-16 month old. We'll be cruising to Alaska on Ovation. I'm having trouble finding out if Ovation has an area for toddlers (is it called the Royal Babies and Tots area?). Can anyone tell me if this ship has any designated areas for babies/toddlers?

Also, if anyone has any tips for cruising with a toddler, I'm all ears! I know there is a separate Family Cruise board. I need to spend some serious time digging into that. But I was hoping to get some Royal-specific info.

Thank you!

We have been on the ovation twice, once in a 16 night repo and once on a 10 night Aussie/NZ when our kids were 13 months and 5 years and the NZ Cruise when they were 4 years and 8 years.

There is a toddler open play area right around all the adventure ocean kids club areas that anyone can use.  They have the Nursery that is 6-8 dollars an hour depending on the day.  There is a small diaper allowed splash area near the main splash area (not sure how much you would use that in Alaska.

If you want some tips our family travel blog that we started at one point (hasn’t been updated in forever) has a bunch of articles.  Especially about cruising with toddlers and babies.  We have also been on the sister ship, the Anthem as well.

http://thesmallworldfamily.com

there are no ads or TA links.  Feel free to ask anymore questions.  

here is one specifically about cruising with babies.

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/09/19/how-to-take-a-cruise-with-a-baby-and-have-a-great-time/

There is a picture of the Ovation play area toward the end of that last article.

Edited by rimmit