Carnival Kitchen Classes

Wanna_Cruize

We did the pasta class. It was fun and very informative.  My 14 year old son liked it.   They gave each of the attendees a silicone spatula with Carnival Kitchen logo to keep and they emailed the recipe.

28 minutes ago, Ak4n3 said:

We did the pasta class. It was fun and very informative.  My 14 year old son liked it.   They gave each of the attendees a silicone spatula with Carnival Kitchen logo to keep and they emailed the recipe.

Hmm, I don't see a pasta class? Does that mean it's sold out already?? or did you mean the pizza class?

1 hour ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Hmm, I don't see a pasta class? Does that mean it's sold out already?? or did you mean the pizza class?

It’s Pasta Class.  It must’ve sold out already.  There were only 18 available slots for our class

15 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Sorry, one more question. About how long do the classes last? 

We started at 10am and ended a little past 11am.  Nice noon time snack.  They will not allow up to take our food.  Health regulations and all that.

My wife bought me the Smoking/BBQ course. (May not be the correct title). It was a lot of fun, they gave us the stirring spatula thing, but you don't keep the apron, you can buy one in the Fun Shops. Highly recommend attending a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Pyxie said:

This sounds really fun! Is it only on the Panorama?

Ditto the question! I've seen the Steakhouse Cooking classes that they offer free on every cruise, but I've never heard of a paid class! I would love something like that, if it was offered on other ships in the Carnival fleet!

I was on the inaugural cruise on the Panorama.  I attended the "pie" making class.  We made an apple pie.  Class took around an hour.  Everything is prepped, so all you do is follow along with the instructor.  The class was so much fun, if you enjoy cooking.  Because the pies had to bake, they told us they would be delivered at our dinner table.  I asked to have it delivered to my room since we were not eating in the dining room that night.  My pie arrived around 9:00 pm that evening.  They give you a spatula to take home with you from the cooking class.  I walked out of the class with apron on and got back to my room by accident.  It may have made its way to my suitcase!!  Funny thing happened the next night.  We received someone else's pie in our room.  We sent it back, but I don't think they knew who the pie belonged to.

My 15-year-old son did the ice cream class on the Panorama,  and he enjoyed it! He wanted to do sushi, but by the time I remembered to book the class online, sushi was sold out 😞 Class took about an hour and 15 minutes, and he got a complimentary spatula to keep. The only downside was that the class was at 3:00pm, so he was still full when dinnertime rolled around! 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

I did the Elegant Dinner class.  Carnival is usually all about simple pleasures, but....

It was a little serious - really more like being on "Chopped".   Four not so simple dishes prepared in two hours.  I think the shorter classes would probably be better for most people.  Also it is good to enroll as a couple or partners.  I will be doing a review of my experience as soon as I recover my pride.👨‍🍳     

Thanks everyone for the info. I believe Panorama is the first ship to have these Kitchen Classes, but I believe they have plans to add them to all their new ships. There is a special area in the galley that was built for this. https://www.carnival.com/fun-activities/carnival-kitchen

If I'm not mistaken, it's also where they will be holding the Chef's Table events.