Family Harbor Reviews?

Tropicbreeze23

We stayed in an ocean view family harbor room on the Horizon. We are booked for one in March on the Panorama. Really didnt have any dislikes. Only thing that might be negative is it is on one end of the ship so you do a little more walking...

Likes- Rooms fit 5 people comfortably, lounge makes breakfast with young kids super easy especially on port days, close ice cream, they have finger foods and snacks in the afternoon, a coffee and hot chocolate machine, and one free night for night owls at the camp ocean. My kids are too young for video games but others seems to have a blast playing. There are 2 bathrooms, one with toilet shower and sink, the other with tub and sink. Hope that helps!

Edited by Tnlynch81

Last week we stayed in a family harbor suite on the Horizon. We really loved having the extra washroom- it made getting ready for dinner and going to bed easier than I was expecting. The lounge was really nice to have, it was really quick and convenient to grab some milk or ice cream or snacks. I loved that there was a curtain we could close around the kids beds for a sense of some privacy. I will definitely book family harbor again the next time we cruise with the kids.

I stayed in a Family Harbor balcony stateroom. It's just like a regular balcony but you're further from the water and have access to a nearby room with some TVs, PS4s, and some food. Not sure it's worth extra money. Here's a tour of the Family Harbor Balcony room:

cruised in November 2019 family harbor room and I rate it 5 out of 5 stars .

What I love:

1) short breakfast lines

2) Coffee and latte machine and even espresso !

3) Daughter likes to watch the TV in there with other children and I sit back relax drinking coffee eating the snacks

4) the room I had was awesome two bathrooms a tub and shower which is wonderful because at times you want to sit and be thankful for the sea day or fun port day

5) The room decorations were different from the normal room I usually book I'm glad I did an upgrade .

I usually just book an interior room because I'm hardly be in there but I am glad the 8 day long cruise was actually worth it paying more. 

I think it depends how long the cruise is because you can spend the money on specialty food. Oh and one night free dining for the child in one of their restaurant like JiJi kitchen

My family of 4 stayed in a Family Harbor Cove Balcony room (right across from the entrance to the FH lounge) on the Vista in 2017.  I loved the FH area...lounge for kids to play video games in, easy access to food & coffee, etc.  The part that I hated was the noise at night.  Constant banging from above the entire night all cruise long.  Our friends had an FH Deluxe Oceanview a few doors down & had no noise problems.  

I have a question. Can you get coffee and ice cream 24 hours a day in the lounge? I thought I read it was open 24 hours but then again in another post I thought I saw something about having hours? My sister likes getting up at 2 or 3 in the morning just for a ice cream. It would be nice not to make that trek but we will if we need to.

• 1 month later...

Question for those who were in a FH suite and had older kids: we will be on the Vista in April and have a 14 yo boy, 12 yo girl, and 8 year old boy. My 14 year old is 5'8" and the 12 and 8 year old are normal sizes for their ages. We are currently booked in a FH Oceanview room, but are considering upgrading to a FH suite. However, I'm concerned about sleeping arrangements, as there is only one upper berth and then a pull out double sofa. Is it truly a double size? I'm thinking that it may not be big enough for 2 people to sleep comfortably. I'd love the balcony (especially if we are quarantined -- very low chance, I know) -- but I don't want it enough to sacrifice sleep 🙂