Back to Back 7 day cruises

Gumshoe

Hi,has anyone been on back to back 7 day cruises, and if so do you get discount for booking the 14 nights as opposed to booking two seven night cruises.

Also can you stay on the ship when it changes over.

regards gumshoe:)

We just got done doing a back 2 back on the Victory. Carnival books it as two seperate cruises, so no discount there.

During the first week you'll get a letter telling you that on the last day of the first cruise to meet by the Pursers desk at a specific time. A carnival Rep then takes all the back 2 back cruisers off the ship and back through, recieving your new sail and sign cards for the second week. The whole process was very quick, 5 minutes or so, and we were back on the ship. Carnival did a great job . We would highly recommend a back 2 back cruise:D

We did an East West back to back on the Paradise and loved it. There was no discount but it was worth every penny. We did the West first and ran around like maniacs and relaxed on the Eastern leg. Highly recommend it to everyone.

Lynne:cool:

SAIL ON..........LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND!

We just got done doing a back 2 back on the Victory. Carnival books it as two seperate cruises, so no discount there.

During the first week you'll get a letter telling you that on the last day of the first cruise to meet by the Pursers desk at a specific time. A carnival Rep then takes all the back 2 back cruisers off the ship and back through, recieving your new sail and sign cards for the second week. The whole process was very quick, 5 minutes or so, and we were back on the ship. Carnival did a great job . We would highly recommend a back 2 back cruise:D

Did you ever post a review of your cruise... ? Maybe you could just tell us, is the Victory that bad to cruise, or are the complainers just a bit off the edge... if you know what I mean... :cool:

Thanks for your reply's.

A further question, did you have to inform Carnival that you had booked two seven day cruises, hence you received the letter about meeting at the pursers desk or did it just happen automatically.

Also did you book direct with Carnival or through an agent.

regards Gumshoe:)

Gumshoe,,,

Also be flexiable :)

I know HAL and maybe Princess have been know to put out special offer letters during a cruise for very good rates (I am thinking 400 pp) for the next week cruise. This is a fill up the boat thing. The only problem is you may have to move to a new cabin.

We have done them on Princess. One time (Tahiti) we had to change cabins (by choice - we got a better price on the second and upgraded from a window to balcony).

Each was a separate cruise, individually priced. On our Caribbean B2B we had to go through immigration (but not customs) when we returned on the first leg. On the Tahiti B2B we obviously did not have to do immigration ;)

Both times we chose them because they did different itenaries. The disadvantage was the second cruise had the same shows. But on our Tahiti B2B the cast changed over, so it was interesting seeing the same show with a different cast. :D

I would definitely recommend a B2B and would do it again in a minute.

Hope this answers some of your questions: 1) We booked our b2b directly with Carnival

2)We went to the Pursers desk mid week and let them know we were doing b2b's and asked what we needed to do. They informed us about meeting near the desk on the last day at 11 a.m.,, and then on Friday night our room steward left us a letter telling us the same thing. So, I don't know if Carnival would have just sent the letter automatically, but we wanted to cover all the bases, so we asked ahead of time.

3) As far as all the bad reviews for the Victory- I would not hesitate to sail on her again(although I will agree that there was a shortage of washcloths:( ) But certainly nothing that ruined a wonderful vacation. Doing the b2b was worth EVERY penny.:D

Happy Cruising!

Destiny.........2000

Triumph........2002

Legend.........2003

Glory............2004

Glory............2005

Victory b2b...2006

We have booked a back to back cruise on 2 different Princess ships for next January. We will be doing the Western carribbean on the Star Princess and the Eastern carribbean on the Carribbean Princess. The star returns to Port Everglades on a Sat. and the Carribbean leaves the next day. Princess will put us up at a hotel for the night between cruises at no charge for booking the two back to back. We like the idea of being on two different ships and meeting 2 different groups of people. We also save on airfair compaired to two cruises at different times. Hope to write a review when we get back, look for it on the Princess board. Now we have to wait almost one year! Hope it goes quick!

I just did a B2B on Royal Caribbean. It was on the Jewel of the Seas 8-night Eastern and then 6-night Western.

I did not get a discount for booking a B2B, but I booked it early and got a good price. The cruiselines treats it as two completely separate cruises.

You will receive two Boarding Books from your travel agent and billing is also treated as two trips.

On RCL I got a letter asking me to confirm that we would be staying on the ship. Then a day or two later I received a letter informing me to meet at the Schooner Bar at 10:30 am and bring my passport or ID. There were 26 of us who stayed on board.

We then met and had to wait for the ship to clear immigration and everyone was off the ship in Ft. Lauderdale. He then took us through immigration where we just showed our passport. He met us coming through the line and gave us our new seapass cards. (You will be settling out your first week seapass account) and then you start a new seapass account with new card. Remember they treat this as an entirely new cruise for you. You will have to declare anything you purchases, but they never took the form from us. Lucky us, because we had been to St. Maartin.

We didn't get off the ship, but you could. Hubby and I went back to our cabin (we had the same cabin for both trips) and then about 11:30 am headed up to the Windjammer. They opened at 12 noon.

Keep in mind the dinner menu will be repeated on your second cruise and probably the shows will be as well.

Everyone should do a B2B at least once (if you can afford the time). It's a wonderful relaxing cruise. I loved doing the Eastern and then Western Caribbean. Even though I had been to both before.

PS: We traveled with one set of friends for the first leg and then a new couple joined us on the second one. We always have tablemates we new.

Since we like longer cruises, I got spoiled on my B2B. Now whenever I do a Caribbean cruise, I'll want to it as a B2B.

Happy cruising.

We have done quite a few back-to-back cruises ( 7 days and 10 days). Have done them on Princess, NCL, Cunnard, and HAL.

Since we always book them in advane, we have never had to change cabins on "in-transit" day. Years ago we did get a couple of discounts for booking back-to-back cruises - those days are long gone.

Usually 1 or 2 nights before the end of the first cruise, we get a letter from the front office or our concierge informing us as to what we have to do on "in-transit" day, i.e., when breakfast is served, how to go through immigration. Our new ID cards are also included with the letter.

The only time I've seen a discount was when the flight was included in the 'package'.And that was add the 2 prices together and subtract $500.00 for the second legs flight. I'm not talking about say CCL booking your flights, these were included in in the price. Those were good days, round trip flights and cruise for; you sitting down, less that $1250.00 Canadian for a 7 day cruise. Oh yeah, port taxes & fees were included too.

Archived