Booking Dunn's River Falls and Mystic Mountain excursion worth it?

Bloomin Onion

We will be stopping for a day in Ocho Rios and we definitely want to visit Dunn's River Falls and Mystic Mountain, and there's an excursion through Norwegian that includes both. It about $160 a person with no senior discounts. Would it be cheaper and more practical to do these two attractions ourselves by finding a taxi or Uber? 

If we go to Mystic Mountain and Dunn's River and buy our own tickets at the gate, is there usually a long line? And how much money will we be saving by doing it ourselves? Not sure about taxi prices in Ocho Rios. 

We used Chris Jamaica Tours, private guided van tour, and we set up what we wanted to do in advance. We were in port in Ocho Rios.

https://www.chrisjamaicatours.com/about

Tour and pricing for the four of us was as follows:

The caves are about 40 minutes from the ship and that tour will take about an hour. After the caves the drive to Dunns River is about 30 minutes and that tour will take about an hour and 30 minutes.
After those 2 activities there will be enough time for beach and lunch at an authentic jerk village ok.
The entrance fee at Dunns river is $20 each.
Caves $20 each [but you can probably arrange to do the mountain instead of the caves]
Transportation for the day Will be $170

I don't recall there being a line at Dunn's River. However you do get to Dunn's River Falls, I suggest you skip the "guided" tour and just go up from the bottom on your own. We had a blast and were able to take it at our own pace, sliding on the rocks, swimming in the pools, and enjoying ourselves much more than the large groups that went up with a guide, all holding hands and not really getting to experience the water.

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed Mystic Mountain.   The ride up is quite long and you'll see people ziplining.  Seeing that years ago encouraged me to try out ziplining and I loved that too.   There is a pool and lounge area at the top of the mountain with great views.

Dunns River Falls was nice too; we did not do the human chain, but enjoyed the falls and the beach there.