Viking Sky Transatlantic March 6 2020

Clay Clayton

On 1/20/2020 at 2:30 PM, Clay Clayton said:

Anyone else joining us?

My partner David and I will be on this cruise. You have already been chatting to me about star gazing.

This is our first Viking cruise. Does the cruise line lay on anything specific for LGBT passengers? How many LGBT passengers can we expect to find on this TA? Any info would be appreciated. George

Hope the star gazing works out!  

Viking does not host a special LGBT mixer like some other lines. On our previous transatlantics there were at least four or five other gay couples.  We never did anything as a group, though on the first one in 2018, there was a younger than us gay guy traveling with his ...ahem, she preferred the term glitter girl (also in her thirties), and we ended up coordinating the times for our tour in Cadiz (not a stop this trip) and having drinks and some meals with them.  

Last year, we had some conversations with other gay male couples - nearby table in The Living Room or sitting on the Aquavit Terrace, but never really got to know them. 😢

If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask. Do be sure and download the Viking app before you board. It makes reservations and everything much easier. 

Hope we can say hello and perhaps have a drink or lunch or something onboard!

By the way, hubby’s name is Mike and I really am Clay Clayton.  I missed reading that rule when joining CC years ago! 🤪390D518C-8F48-4653-8B19-ACB5AF9B0664.thumb.jpeg.2bd378d83deb019d766bb5f12b35f822.jpeg

Edited by Clay Clayton

8 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Viking does not host a special LGBT mixer like some other lines. On our previous transatlantics there were at least four or five other gay couples.  We never did anything as a group, though on the first one in 2018, there was a younger than us gay guy traveling with his ...ahem, she preferred the term glitter girl (also in her thirties), and we ended up coordinating the times for our tour in Cadiz (not a stop this trip) and having drinks and some meals with them.  

Last year, we had some conversations with other gay male couples - nearby table in The Living Room or sitting on the Aquavit Terrace, but never really got to know them. 😢

If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask. Do be sure and download the Viking app before you board. It makes reservations and everything much easier. 

By the way, hubby’s name is Mike and I really am Clay Clayton.  I missed reading that rule when joining CC years ago! 🤪390D518C-8F48-4653-8B19-ACB5AF9B0664.thumb.jpeg.2bd378d83deb019d766bb5f12b35f822.jpeg

8 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks for the information. I am sure we will be able to spot the LGBT cruisers even if Viking doesn’t lay on any specific event for us. That said, we are not the types that need gay people around us to enjoy ourselves. 
 I will also download the app, thanks for the advice. We will not take you up on your offer of the private dining room for the time being. I would prefer to wait until we board. It is our first Viking cruise so we can quickly work out what’s what. I am sure we will meet for a drink or a meal at some stage in the TA crossing. See you both in March