Junior suite on Grandeur

I was in 8074 last October. It was great. Spacious, comfortable, plently of closet space, full tub, big balcony. There was no WI-FI when I was there, but according to a recent email I received from C&A, all RCCI ships have WI-FI now in hot spots. Having it in your room will be hit or miss, and I imagine mostly miss. If you want the details, let me know, and I'll post the email that I got. Good luck, I think you'll be very happy with the JS.

Wraithe

We are also sailing Grandeur April 2006 and was wondering if anybody has any info on JS 8588.

My TA called and it seems that we can either keep this aft cabin or we can go to a cabin that is more midship. What would you do. We will be travelling with DD (10) and we always have a mid ship cabin.....

Thanks for any info.. wondering how the motion would be back there and the noise????

We stayed in 8586 in December, I would definately keep the cabin. You get a deck that is about two and a half times as big as a normal Jr Aft suite deck. There is no loud music or anything, so it is a great cabin. There is only one major down size.........you have to walk about half the length of the ship to go anywhere (except ironically the exercise place). I ate like a pig, and only gained 1 pound, and I attribute it to doing so much walking.

PS, booked the same room on the same ship this year at the same time.

We just came back on Thursday from a 5 day trip to Cozumel and Grand Cayman on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Tampa. It was great. Weather was fabulous. Water was like glass all the way. There were 3 of us in a Suite (8512) and it was quite comfortable. It had a full size bed as well as an "L" shaped sofa that opened to a full size bed. It also had TV, CD player and stereo system. Large vanity with lighted mirror near the full size bed area, safe and more drawer space in the vanity. The bathroom was quite large with 2 sinks and plenty of vanity space with storage under the vanity. The suite had 3 closets for clothing. A good size dresser under the bar. We each had 3 drawers as well as a full closet. The balcony was also a great size. We had a chaise lounge, 3 chairs and 2 tables out there. Very comfortable.

The ship and the trip was a plus.

We are also sailing Grandeur April 2006 and was wondering if anybody has any info on JS 8588.

My TA called and it seems that we can either keep this aft cabin or we can go to a cabin that is more midship. What would you do. We will be travelling with DD (10) and we always have a mid ship cabin.....

Thanks for any info.. wondering how the motion would be back there and the noise????

We have 8588 on April 29th and are really thrilled. We love an aft cabin, the size,the wake,the great balcony. Would choose this over any cabin even a bigger suite in the middle.Maybe you will be in this cabin just ahead of us.

We stayed in 8586 in December, I would definately keep the cabin. You get a deck that is about two and a half times as big as a normal Jr Aft suite deck. There is no loud music or anything, so it is a great cabin. There is only one major down size.........you have to walk about half the length of the ship to go anywhere (except ironically the exercise place). I ate like a pig, and only gained 1 pound, and I attribute it to doing so much walking.

PS, booked the same room on the same ship this year at the same time.

Does this JS have a CD player, so that I could just bring some favorites, thanks?

Well that sounds like it is a cabin to keep. Looking forward to a bigger balcony.

It turns out that the cabin that was offered was either 8540 or 8040 which turns out to be the wheelchair accessible cabin. Don't know much about that cabin but I can only assume it would be bigger with a bigger bathroom to allow for a wheelchair to move freely.

The only thing I am really concerned about with 8588 would be the motion. DD tends to get a little queezy with movement.

Looking forward to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Does anybody have any excursion recommendations. Paradise Beach sounds like a must do but not sure about Costa Maya.

Thanks everybody for your feedback on the aft cabins. I really appreciate it.

We had a aft cabin booked on the Voyager in 2004 but we did a pier upgrade and went into an Owners Suite which was well worth the change.

If anybody has anything else to add, please do so. Thanks again.

We have 8588 on April 29th and are really thrilled. We love an aft cabin, the size,the wake,the great balcony. Would choose this over any cabin even a bigger suite in the middle.Maybe you will be in this cabin just ahead of us.

We are booked for the Grandeur from April 17-22/06. Birthday cruise for me. Would we expect lots of kids on this cruise as it is during Easter break where we live.

Can hardly wait..........

My sister and I are in that same cabin in March! :)

DH and I were in the cabin next to it on Enchantment last month and we really liked it. We peeked in one of the side JS's. The aft JS's are a little smaller.. the width of the cabin is narrower, but the balcony is huge, big enough for 2 loungers in addition to the chairs.

There was a little bit more motion back there, but DH gets seasick very easily and it didn't bother him.

Noise was not an issue at all! It was very quiet.

We'd take the AFT over the mid ship JS every time... with a 3rd person in the cabin, you'll need to decide if you'd rather have your extra space in the cabin or on the balcony.

Have a great trip! :D

• 1 month later...

Archived