How dolled up do you get?

dyslexic pirate

I'm good for the first formal night. Dress/heels/lashes/hair/bling the works. After my first excursion and some time in the heat and humidity I'm lucky if the best I get is some good spf and pony tail/shorts and a tank top.

I always tell the hubby enjoy formal night because after that it'll all just be a memory.:D

We play hard on all our excursions and are usually to exhausted to get all gussied up just to eat a plate of food.

I see some people that look pulled together the entire time and I wonder if they've even gotten off the ship? (just curiosity...not judging here...)

So, how much time do you spend fussing on your looks?

So, how much time do you spend fussing on your looks?

Same amount of time that I would spend at home going to a nice restaurant which we do a few times a month. Only difference is I'm wearing a more formal dress.

On the cruises we go on that have formal nights, they're always on days at sea. Usually on those days I like to get in a good workout at the gym. So after the gym I take a shower and wash and blow dry my hair and it's done for the day. I then do all the other on-board activities that interest me.

If there's a Captains cocktail party at 7:00, I'm back at my cabin by 6:00 making a Cosmo for me and DH to sip on our balcony for about 15 minutes. Then I take a shower, put on my make-up and throw on the formal dress, tell DH where his tie is (& his socks, shoes, etc) and we walk out the door about about 7:00.

Jane

I dressed up every night for dinner. I don't get a chance much to dress up at home so it was great to be able to feel pretty and dressed nicely. We did do excursions, snorkling and swimming with the stingrays on GC and just hanging out on the beach in Cozumel. But we had late seating and by the time our ship left, we had plenty of time to get ready. But I really didn't spend that much time. I would take a shower before dinner if necessary, brush my hair and let it air-dry, put on my make-up, throw on my jewelry and change my clothes. Probably took 45 minutes tops...even on Formal night.

Normally, we do something in every port - beach, snorkeling etc. Even though it's vacation, I am at the gym every morning for about 45 minutes then shower etc. No matter what we do, we are usually back at the ship by about 4 or 5 so there is time to relax, and like Jane we are sipping cocktails in our cabin before dinner. We do late dinner and kind of enjoy getting ready - hair and light make up for me - the normal guy thing for dh so not a lot different from when we go out at home on a Friday night after work.

Alcohol and late seating.

So that's what I've been missing!

Early seating and no cocktails = not MY vacation! :D

Jane

PS.... and for those who can't drink alcohol - some cranberry juice in a stemmed glass, a splash of soda, a sqeeze of lime also creates a festive mood. Paper umbrella's optional. LOL!

Alcohol and late seating.

So that's what I've been missing!

Late seating definitely helps!! If I had to get back from a shore excursion and be ready for early seating dinner, I'd probably show up for dinner with sand in my hair!

The alcohol is also a good idea! :D

Time? An hour to an hour and fifteen.

We always take late seating for the same reason. The one or two times we had to have early seating, there was no time to get ready, rush, rush, rush and we felt like we missed half the cruise.

It doesn't matter to me whether or not other people want to get dressed, I always will. Dinner on a cruise ship is more than eating a plate of food for me. If that's all we wanted to do, we'd do a far less formal type of vacation.

I'm all about the alcohol and late seating. I never feel rushed.

I don't require more than 30 minutes to get ready. I have long naturally curly hair that I love; I only use a blow dryer to dry the roots for lift. My make-up takes no more than 15 minutes. The actual dressing time only takes about a minute.

I prefer late sitting as well. It's not as rushed and it gives you time for a drink before dinner. :D

It usually takes me about an hour and a half to get ready.Have a shower, blow dry my hair and put on makeup. At home sometimes I'm lazy and don't bother alot with my hair or makeup as much, So it is nice to dress up on a cruise! :)

Archived