Recent cruises to Freeport

CruisinCrow

We're booked on an MSC cruise next month but I'm having a hard time finding recent information about Freeport on their forum or the Bahamas forum (or Trip Advisor, for that matter).  I know a few Carnival ships stop in Freeport so I'm hoping someone here can help.  What places have reopened since the hurricane?  I was hoping to go to the Sands brewery but it looks like it's still closed.  The national park also seems to still be closed.  Since our cruise is in February, we're not really interested in a beach day.  What options are available for Freeport other than the beach?  What excursions has Carnival been offering?  

Please don't say to stay on the ship. 🙂 At the very least, we want to support their local economy.

We were there last week. The Brewery is still closed, that's where we were hoping to go. Most of Carnival's excursions that were available were beach ones. The clean up is going well in Freeport, but it is slow going.  The little shopping place that we visited in the past had lots of damage and was still closed, Port Lucaya Market I think is what it called. 

17 minutes ago, shlbil said:

We were there last week. The Brewery is still closed, that's where we were hoping to go. Most of Carnival's excursions that were available were beach ones. The clean up is going well in Freeport, but it is slow going.  The little shopping place that we visited in the past had lots of damage and was still closed, Port Lucaya Market I think is what it called. 

Thanks!  What did you end up doing while you were there?

On 1/24/2020 at 10:43 AM, CruisinCrow said:

Thanks!  What did you end up doing while you were there?

We did a beach day. One of Carnivals excursions. It was a decent beach and had little straw market there with lots of souvenir type stuff. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, shlbil said:

We did a beach day. One of Carnivals excursions. It was a decent beach and had little straw market there with lots of souvenir type stuff. 

Do you remember which beach you went to?  Did it have a restaurant or bar?  I was hoping to do something other than a beach day but I'm not finding other options.

We did this excursion through Carnival "PROMO - Beach Getaway With Open Bar", I can't remember the name of the beach. It was a nice clean beach. Had a bar and food that you could order, there was also an option to add a buffet but we didn't do that. 

I was there last week on MSC and a shuttle driver told me the Sands Brewery was taking visitors, but not producing so I did not go.  The national park was only "open" enough to collect excursion money instead of canceling.  I stayed in the port area and bought local things.