Ft. Lauderdale Jan. 2021

Rustic46

We are flying in the day before our cruise. We were thinking about a hotel on the beach and then it occurred to me I don't know what the weather is like in Jan. Would it be too cool for the beach or does it generally stay warm enough.  I don't want to bother with a hotel on the beach if I can't enjoy the beach. Lol

54 minutes ago, Rustic46 said:

We are flying in the day before our cruise. We were thinking about a hotel on the beach and then it occurred to me I don't know what the weather is like in Jan. Would it be too cool for the beach or does it generally stay warm enough.  I don't want to bother with a hotel on the beach if I can't enjoy the beach. Lol

We find January to be the most variable month temperature wise.  The average high is 76; the low is 59.  Wednesday it was in the low 40s (coldest it has been in a couple of years) in the morning but got up to the high 60s.  Today there are folks on the beach and at our pool.  Tomorrows low is predicted to be in the low 50s with a high of 80.  The beach is beautiful even if only to walk along and hunt for shells if you hit a cold day.

3 hours ago, Rustic46 said:

Welcome to the boards! 😎

Check www.sunny.org for lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

10 minutes ago, Rustic46 said:

Thank you! I love the beach so we will probably go ahead and find a hotel there. Thanks again!

I hope you have great weather just like today - mostly sunny, mid 70s right now, light breeze, and calm seas!  Quite a few people swimming in the ocean (the water temp is 76) and our pool (85 degrees).