Children on dance floor

JMorris271

I generally avoid the "children on the dance floor" problem by going to the ship's nightclub, which is 18+.  Whether I'm busting my own moves or dancing with a friendly lady, it's not a problem in the club, because everyone is close in height.  As for dancing on the Lido deck, like the Cupid shuffle and the wobble, I realize it's an all-ages space, and adjust accordingly.  Which means keeping my distance from kids to the best of my efforts, plain and simple.  If I'm partner dancing, I also refrain from moves that take up a lot of space, like the cross-arm slide in swing, so I don't accidentally slam my dance partner into a kid.

The few times I accidentally bumped into a kid, I apologized like I would to an adult, he/she said "it's OK", and all was quickly forgotten.  That said, the kids dancing amongst the adults were usually at least elementary school-age, and therefore at least elbow-height. I never saw toddlers dancing alone amongst full-grown adults; they usually held their parent's hand.

That's at least true on Carnival.  Other lines may or may not have adults-only dance spaces.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01