Check In

akolasz

Hello!

I know that check in for a cruise starts 90 days prior to the cruise date however I will be on an Alaska cruise tour that leaves 4 days before the cruise. So will my check in be 90 days before the actual cruise date or 90 days before my cruise tour starts?

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, akolasz said:

Hello!

I know that check in for a cruise starts 90 days prior to the cruise date however I will be on an Alaska cruise tour that leaves 4 days before the cruise. So will my check in be 90 days before the actual cruise date or 90 days before my cruise tour starts?

Thank you!

Our check in for our Alaska cruise was at 90 days.  Make sure you read your cruise documents once you get them, around 49 days out, as when we did Alaska in 2018, we had to call a number that was in the cruise documents and give them our flight information for the airport transfer that took us to the hotel for the cruise tour.  There was a deadline that you had to do that and some in our rollcall didn't see they needed to call and missed it.  This only had to be done if you booked your air independently.  

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Our check in for our Alaska cruise was at 90 days.  Make sure you read your cruise documents once you get them, around 49 days out, as when we did Alaska in 2018, we had to call a number that was in the cruise documents and give them our flight information for the airport transfer that took us to the hotel for the cruise tour.  There was a deadline that you had to do that and some in our rollcall didn't see they needed to call and missed it.  This only had to be done if you booked your air independently.  

Thanks for the info!

When I called to make final payment last week the person on the phone said since I was already on the phone he would take down all my flight information since it was needed for the cruise tour pick up so I didn't have to call back. So it's already been entered but I'll probably call closer to just to confirm. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, akolasz said:

Thanks for the info!

When I called to make final payment last week the person on the phone said since I was already on the phone he would take down all my flight information since it was needed for the cruise tour pick up so I didn't have to call back. So it's already been entered but I'll probably call closer to just to confirm. 

That's good, maybe they are doing that now because of people not calling, it makes sense to take it then.  Have you seen the link with all the optional excursions you can add to your cruise tour once you meet you tour guide?  We booked a bunch of optional excursions on the cruise tour in addition to what is included.

Edit to add link:  http://www.royalcaribbeancruisetours.com/resources/

Edited by reallyitsmema

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That's good, maybe they are doing that now because of people not calling, it makes sense to take it then.  Have you seen the link with all the optional excursions you can add to your cruise tour once you meet you tour guide?  We booked a bunch of optional excursions on the cruise tour in addition to what is included.

Edit to add link:  http://www.royalcaribbeancruisetours.com/resources/

I have! I've already made a list of the cruise tour excursions I would like to add on the trip. Which cruise tour did you do? We are on 3B.

5 minutes ago, akolasz said:

I have! I've already made a list of the cruise tour excursions I would like to add on the trip. Which cruise tour did you do? We are on 3B.

We did 4B.  We added a salmon bake in Fairbanks, white river float in Denali and ATVs in Denali.  Was a lot of fun!  We are happy we only did the float as the river was running high and we were on class 1 and 2 rapids.  The excursion that was the one going on the rapids was supposed to be class 1 and 2 but was class 3 and 4, that would have been too much for me!

Are you going to upgrade to the Tundra Wilderness Tour instead of the Natural History Tour?  Ours included the TWT and that was wonderful.  

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We did 4B.  We added a salmon bake in Fairbanks, white river float in Denali and ATVs in Denali.  Was a lot of fun!  We are happy we only did the float as the river was running high and we were on class 1 and 2 rapids.  The excursion that was the one going on the rapids was supposed to be class 1 and 2 but was class 3 and 4, that would have been too much for me!

Are you going to upgrade to the Tundra Wilderness Tour instead of the Natural History Tour?  Ours included the TWT and that was wonderful.  

Yes, I plan to upgrade to the TWT. That is my number 1 excursion choice and if I only get that one then I would still be happy!

I am also looking at the Husky Homestead Tour in Denali the evening we arrive, the TWT tour inside Denali the next day. Plus possibly the Scenic Float at Portage Glacier in Alyeska (Girdwood). Our tour also includes the Aerial Tram in Aleyska and then also the Wildlife Center and the Sea Life Center. 

• Like 1