Yokohama cruise port for Westerdam, 2/15/2020

kcl491

Since the 2/15 two week cruise will now depart from Yokohama (Tokyo) instead of Shanghai, China, can anyone tell me which Yokohama port will be used by HA and Westerdam?  I've looked online it it appears that there are quite a few docking locations.  I'm trying to book a hotel near the port for pre and post-cruise stays.  Thanks for any help from experienced cruisers!

Here is a link to a lot of information about this port from the Cruise Port guide of Japan.  http://www.mlit.go.jp/kankocho/cruise/detail/019/index.html.   Osanbashi Terminal is the only passenger terminal though I have heard that a HAL ship was once docked nearby but not at the terminal itself. However, there seem to be no other ships docking there on February 15th so there should be no reason that HAL cannot dock there. When I went, I took the bus from Haneda airport and got off at the stop for the terminal as I had booked a hotel just up the street.  There are many hotels in this neighbourhood which has a lot of shops and restaurants, train stations for getting out of town (eg to Tokyo or Kamakura), museums and other things to occupy you. It is very safe and has a residential feel to it as opposed to feeling like you are in a big city.  I use Google maps to plan my route.  All of the trains and buses can be shown on Google maps. I usually print a copy to bring with me to ensure that I have an English version. There is a lot of English on signs and in shops. It is very easy to navigate by yourself.  Good Luck and Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ottawa traveller has given you a great answer 🙂 

Since your itinerary has changed to primarily Japan, here is site you might find helpful for your last minute planning - https://www.japan-guide.com/

We go at the end of September so I have been researching.

There is lots to see in Yokohama proper including it’s famous China town.

If you choose to leave town, close by is Kamakura with the 2nd largest Buddha in Japan.

Good luck 🙂