Sunshine! So excited! Please share everything!

sjmbruce

On 1/31/2020 at 8:19 AM, quickrate said:

Aren't you a ray of Sunshine! Every ship has it's issues, some more than others, but many people love the Sunshine. 

Pat

I don't deny that  the ship does have some good features. It is definitely unique. With the amount of people on the ship,  the popular public spaces are too small. Serenity,  comedy club and theater to name a few. We definitely enjoyed the cruise but we don't need to spend 8 days on the Sunshine again. In fact we're doing the same itinerary this April,  but on the Magic.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2020 at 6:54 PM, TrinaLC said:

Sunshine is my current favorite Carnival ship. The two specialty restaurants, and their unique lunch offerings, the amazing three tier Serenity lounge, the quiet promenade deck ... and the start is awesome. We’ve been 3 times, have a 4th booked. We do live in Charleston though!  

We live 20 minutes from the port... We do cruise other lines but can't beat a 5 night cruise with no travel afterwards... plus right back to the beach! Be on her late March (4th cruise as well), never been to Princess Cays (really Eleuthera Island at the southern end) so add another private island.

Edited by bobsfamily

16 hours ago, Cb1977 said:

I don't deny that  the ship does have some good features. It is definitely unique. With the amount of people on the ship,  the popular public spaces are too small. Serenity,  comedy club and theater to name a few. We definitely enjoyed the cruise but we don't need to spend 8 days on the Sunshine again. In fact we're doing the same itinerary this April,  but on the Magic.

Unfortunately, They have done this to the sunrise, Horizon, and Vista and soon the Victory which will soon be called the Radiance. I also dislike what they have done to these public areas. 

Pat

4 hours ago, quickrate said:

Unfortunately, They have done this to the sunrise, Horizon, and Vista and soon the Victory which will soon be called the Radiance. I also dislike what they have done to these public areas. 

Pat

I agree 100% with your post.  You can also add Panorama to your list. 

On 1/30/2020 at 5:43 PM, scpirate said:

I'm on it next February 2021 thanks now I'm really looking forward to it.lol.i guess it could be worse luckily it's only 5 days and we live 2 hours from Charleston.

Its all what you make of it! If you expect and look for the negative thats all you will see ! As we know not everyone is going to have a great time on any ship. From our first Carnival Cruise on The Dream when she was brand new. The reviews were horrible, but we went with an open mind , and we had a freakin blast! Which prompted us to book another carnival cruise. Not everyone is going to have the same expectations.. but to me , I'm on vacay i make the most of it. I'm not at work, I'm not cooking , cleaning etc. Make the most of it! We've been on smaller ships and larger . Gotta say , Breeze if you can't tell from my signature is our favorite, and look at the reviews for that one!! Not all good! Go have a blast , we already booked our 3rd cruise on the sunshine its a pretty great ship!

Never looked at how many different Carnival ships we have been on until someone else in the thread mentioned it and I checked and we have also been on 12 different ones.  Been on Sunshine twice and Sunrise, with Sunrise booked again.  Definitely enjoy this class.  Every ship has something different, and Sunshine has some favorites.  LOVE LOVE the waterfall in the Serenity pool.  At least a couple times per cruise I swim and relax under the waterfalls.  Slides are also fast, 2 of them are really good.  There is also a ropes course, with great views.  The eating area on 5 is great if you want to grab some quick lunch without any lines.  The back area on the lido is great lunch time, or for the view when the ship is pulling out when it is backing up.  The Cuban sandwiches were really good, and easy to miss if you dont go looking for it.  Really did not find the crowds bad.  We do not live near the current home port but would not hesitate to take another trip on Sunshine if we did.

• Like 1

Love the Sunshine have sailed on it 2 times. Mikey the CD was the best CD we ever had but he is no longer there :classic_sad:. Just get to serenity early to get chairs they fill up fast we had 4 sea days and I managed to get one 3 of the days. When eating in Lido get your food and go back to the Havana area to eat it is quiet and peaceful. If you like comedy to get a good seat you will need to get in line like 20 minutes before the show times.

My last cruise on the Sunshine was when it tilted at sea, and my next one on the Sunshine is this Sat Feb 8th, enough said!!! 😁

We had a great time on her, even though we had a little scare, some say it can feel crowded at times and it can, but it's not that bad. Oh, I  also actually sailed her twice back when she was the Destiny and I'm sure after this Sat sailing, it still won't be my last. 

I'll be on with you Saturday Mouche. Also our second time on Sunshine.  My only disappointments is a small poorly equipped thermal spa area and comedy club definitely is too small, but that didn't keep me from loving every minute of it.  My favorite is still the Vista. 

On 2/5/2020 at 12:55 PM, Happicruzrr said:

I'll be on with you Saturday Mouche. Also our second time on Sunshine.  My only disappointments is a small poorly equipped thermal spa area and comedy club definitely is too small, but that didn't keep me from loving every minute of it.  My favorite is still the Vista. 

Yep, agree with you on the comedy club, way too small, have a great cruise!!!

2 hours ago, IonImplantTech said:

This ship was originally the Triumph.  It has an infamous history because of what was nicknamed the "poop cruise".  If you never heard of it, look it up, it was totally crazy.  Personally I wouldn't mind sailing on it, just because of its past. 

Sunshine was formerly the Destiny. Triumph was a completely different ship.

• Like 1