70s Rock and Romance Cruise - discussion and questions

Honolulu Blue

3 hours ago, NinS said:

For @Honolulu Blue: Do you happen by any chance to have a link to the full 80s cruise schedule? It's always interesting to see how different music cruises are programmed.

I couldn't find a link, but I'll post a link to the .pdf they gave us.  We didn't end up going to Nassau and there were other schedule changes here and there, but as they say, it's close enough for government work.

TEC22_SouvenirProgram_DailySchedulePages-lo (1).pdf

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NinS said:

Thanks HB for such detailed reports -- they're really appreciated! I had friends on both Rock and Romance and UDC and they reported heavy Covid outbreaks -- over 100 from R&R, and at least a few dozen on UDC, if Facebook polls are to be believed. I think most people had symptoms and tested positive after the cruise, rather than when on board. A friend of mine got Covid on the UDC and ended up giving it to the relatives he stayed with following the cruise. I'm glad everyone on this thread seems to have avoided it. I did two music charters this winter, the Outlaw Country Cruise and Cayamo, both Sixthman offerings on the Norwegian Pearl. There was little mask wearing but also no widespread reports of post-cruise Covid. 

I'm glad you enjoyed my reports!  They were fun to write and I thought they turned out well.  I rarely pay attention to Facebook, so I didn't hear about any outbreaks on either cruise.  I'm happy that the artists seemed to have avoided having their concerts be affected by it - at least on the UDC (you'll have to ask @GeorgeC about R&R).  I'm very happy your cruises with Sixthman/NCL were less affected.  Did you check out the article in the Washington Post about the OCC?  It might be locked to non-subscribers by now, but if you can get access to it and haven't done so already, you should take a look.

• 1 month later...

To put a coda on this thread and its series of experiences, I bring to you the summary videos that both cruises provided.  The UDC is about 36 minutes, while TEC is about 3 1/2 minutes.  I didn't see myself in either video ☹️🙂, so don't go looking for me.  😁

• 4 weeks later...