Linking bookings?

Caroian

I've seen a reference on a couple of threads to people "linking" bookings together. We're sailing on Iona next year with my in-laws and as we have separate cabins have 2 separate booking references. Is there some way to link these together, and if so is there any particular benefit to doing so? I know as it stands that if we wanted to book shore excursions through P&O we'd have to do that seperately, so wonder if linking might allow a single booking. 

I've not cruised with P&O since 2007, so a lot has changed!

On the other ships, the main benefit in linking bookings is to get allocated the same dining table if on Club Dining.  As there isn't any Club Dining on Iona, that obviously won't happen.  It will be worth speaking to P&O or your TA about dining arrangements though.  There are 4 main dining rooms on her and if pax get allocated to one of them in particular, it may then help ensure you get get allocated the same one.

I phoned P&O a few months ago to check that my booking and my parents booking were linked, turns out they were.

The P&O rep told me that although all dining is freedom dining we would still be assigned specific dining rooms, and as our bookings are linked we would get the same dining room as my parents.

As for booking excursions we booked them separately because when I booked ours I couldn't see an option to book theirs too.

Edited by SarahHben

Thank you both. I'll probably try to clarify regarding dining, but as no seems completely sure about how allocation of dining rooms will work, I'll probably wait until after she starts sailing. We don't go until 2021, so plenty of time!