Sea conditions in January /April

costacostacosta

Hi all, 

We're thinking of booking a January or April cruise to St Vincent and the Grenadines from Barbados. Seadream 1 has a good itinerary, but until now our experience is on bigger ships. If there is a storm in the Atlantic, or larger waves, would a ship that size get affected a lot while sailing in the area? 

Thanks

48 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Welcome to the boards! 😎

Hurricane season runs late June to the end of November. You should have no. Issues with large tropical storms in either January, April or anywhere in between.

Thanks JohninDC.

Do you think a smaller ship like SeaDream would be affected more than a larger ship like Costa, or would the difference be insignificant?

Thanks

Smaller ships will always be more affected by sea conditions than larger ships.  I'm not familiar with either ship, so I don't know what the difference is in size.  That said, the Caribbean water are very calm at that time of the year - I would worry less about weather and focus more on ports, schedules, prices, etc.

• Like 1

You should be fine during the early part of the year in the south eastern Caribbean, as the sea conditions are generally very favorable.  The SeaDream 1 may be small, but it does visit some fantastic ports, out of the way to larger vessels. And you could always pack some sea sickness tablets just in case!