Info for families of 5 that you may find useful

klarocco

In doing some research for our 2/07 cruise I found out there is a VERY limited number of cabins that have a triple ADJOINING to a double...I found this surprising! We used to get 2 adjoining rooms (both doubles)....Ours had a balcony and they did not...inside cabin for the munchkins....But since having #3 we need to get a triple....

So here is what I have....maybe save someone the legwork if you are planning a cruise and need this configuration of rooms as we do....

On the Spirirt Class ships (Miracle, Legend, Pride & Spirit) there are only 2 sets of rooms that have this....

Upper Deck:

5244 & 5246 (Triple ADJOINING to a Double)

5253 & 5257 (Double ADJOINING to a Triple)

On the Conquest Class ships (Conquest, Valor, Liberty & Glory) there are only 4 sets of rooms that have this....

Main Deck:

2300 & 2304 (Double ADJOINING to a Triple)

2301 & 2305 (Double ADJOINING to a Triple)

2332 & 2336 (Triple ADJOINING to a Double)

2335 & 2339 (Triple ADJOINING to a Double)

We used to get 2 adjoining rooms (both doubles)....Ours had a balcony and they did not...inside cabin for the munchkins...

How can you adjoin to a cabin across the hall? I thought adjoining were next door?

We have cabins across the hall on the Valor in April. In fact, ours holds three, the one across the hall (where the girls will be) also holds three.

Thanks for that!! We're a family of five and have always cruised on the "older" ships that still allow five in a room.

(Holiday, Celebration, Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, Paradise, Destiny, Triunph & Victory.)

They are still young/small enough to make it work nicely in one room! They don't take up a lot of space yet! :)

But, as the kids get older, we'll "have to" eventually move to two cabins! This will be very helpful!! Thanks again!!

They were next door to one another.....if they were across the hall they could not be adjoining.....We had a balcony ADJOINING (meaning a door connecting the 2 rooms) to an interior....on a Spirit class ship they have this config.

Check out cabin 7108 & 7106 on the Legend.....

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Images/Datatemplates/Ships/Deck_Plans/LE/LEverandah2.gif

We loved this set up....plus it saved us a bit by not paying for a balcony for them.

You take a risk if you book a cabin with fewer people than the number of beds (such as 3 in a quad), the cruise line may move you to a different cabin if they need that cabin for a larger party.

Also, you can book 5 to a room on the Destiny Class Ships (Triumph, Destiny, and Victory). Not sure how crouded it would be.

We've done five on the Paradise (inside cabin) - it was not bad at all as far as being crowded. Of course, our kids were 3, 7 and 10 then.

We'll be on the Victory in March - I am sure we'll be fine again. I don't have a big house...but it seems that our children are never that far away from us at home!! But we have enough room at home so that we all shouldn't be on top of one another. :rolleyes: My DH has threatened to sell the house and buy a VW Bug so we can all just live in that!! (I guess that it's a good thing that our kids want to be around us...but having a small cabin won't be much different for us I guess is the point!!)

We're of the mind too, that you really don't spend much time in your cabin anyway! :)

On the Spirit class ships, Cabin 6112(Balcony for two) and 6108(Interion for three) are adjoining. This would work well for small kids since you would not have to worry about a balcony in the kids room, and would be a little cheaper. Of course if you have the money, 4237(Cat 11) and adjoining 4239(balcony for three) would work.

Wow... We are a family of 5, and the way I calculate it, it costs at least $1000 per person for a family of 5 to cruise, including air ($300 per person), tips, cruise price, and soda cards. Am I wrong... can a family of 5 actually cruise for less than this on a 7 day cruise...?

Isn't $5,000 a lot for a week long family vacation...? What's the norm as far as total cost for a family of 5 to cruise together...?

On the Spirit class ships, Cabin 6112(Balcony for two) and 6108(Interion for three) are adjoining. This would work well for small kids since you would not have to worry about a balcony in the kids room, and would be a little cheaper. Of course if you have the money, 4237(Cat 11) and adjoining 4239(balcony for three) would work.

THX!!!!! I missed that combo!

This is great info! We are also a family of 5 patiently waiting for info on the new Freedom to come out so we can book. This will be our first cruise with our 3 children. You just saved me alot of headaches!!:) Thanks again!

Carmel

The new Liberty ship has "Family Cabins" on the Spa deck. They are the size of a balcony cabin but the balcony is part of the room. They have floor to ceiling windows. That makes them a bit larger than aeither a balcony or OV. I also heard they can book up to 5 in a room.

According to the deck plans, they have ajoining rooms also which would give you two rooms for 10 people.

We are booked in one of these at the end of feb 2006. Will post a room review after that.

The new Liberty ship has "Family Cabins" on the Spa deck. They are the size of a balcony cabin but the balcony is part of the room. They have floor to ceiling windows. That makes them a bit larger than aeither a balcony or OV. I also heard they can book up to 5 in a room.

According to the deck plans, they have ajoining rooms also which would give you two rooms for 10 people.

We are booked in one of these at the end of feb 2006. Will post a room review after that.

Wow! Thanks! I will be looking forward to it!:p

GREAT info!!!! Enjoy the cruise and I will be looking for your review!!!

Wow... We are a family of 5, and the way I calculate it, it costs at least $1000 per person for a family of 5 to cruise, including air ($300 per person), tips, cruise price, and soda cards. Am I wrong... can a family of 5 actually cruise for less than this on a 7 day cruise...?

Isn't $5,000 a lot for a week long family vacation...? What's the norm as far as total cost for a family of 5 to cruise together...?

$1,000 per person is about right. That is about what we are paying for a balcony + inside cabin on a 6 day cruise when you add in the cost of trip insurance, Port Fees, and one night hotel pre-cruise. We could have gone much cheaper with two connecting inside cabins, the balcony is an "extra treat." We got very good prices by booking almost a year in advance, but that also means that Carnival got to hold onto $1,000 of my money for almost a year.

I'm actually doing it for a little less than $1000 each because we have enough FF miles to totally pay for one airfare - and I have $250 in flight vouchers from last year's Spring Break trip where the airlines did not treat us nicely (long story but we originally had over $1200 in flight vouchers. We used most of it for a trip to Wash DC this fall).

I still haven't paid for dog boarding, souvenirs, additional food and drink, or new swimming suits and other needed clothes, or shore excursions. yikes!

There are definately cheaper ways to vacation. I guess sometimes it is best not to think about it. :eek:

D4, you said that we could get bumped to another room with 3 people in a quad room? Really, I thought since we didnt book a guarantee but booked specific rooms we would be ok. My dsis wld be so mad if that happened. We specifically booked the adjoining rooms because of the kids.

Ventureman, your right about the cost for a family of 5. My dsis cost for her family of 5 is $4700 + whatever excursions she does. OUCH! This is their once in a lifetime family vacation though. They've always wanted to do a cruise together.

Archived