Cost of photos

mek

We were on celebrity in August and they had an all inclusive photo package, where we paid $250 and got all the prints as well as digital copies of all the photos we took. We were cruising with our 8 month old so we wanted nice photos. They just scanned the card before taking the photo, and the photo package was linked to it. They would automatically set aside the photos for the peole with the photo package. I was so hoping carnival would have something like that for our upcoming cruise since this will be our first cruise as a family of 4. But guess not. 

On 2/3/2020 at 6:39 PM, mek said:

I haven't bought photos in years, but next week we will have four generations together so I'm sure I'll pick up a couple.  Just curious - how much is Carnival now charging for photos?

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1153/~/pixels-photo-gallery-and-dreams-studio

We did a review of the Pixels package if you want to look into doing that.

https://youtu.be/QPfH1CyHiDI

5 hours ago, Joe817 said:

If this is any help.....this got me to wondering. We bought 2 pics from our Dream cruise last year. The total cost was $26.98. And the exact size of each picture was:  8 3/4  x  5  15/16. Kind of an odd size. I'm glad we bought them. 

Hope that helps.

Yes it does.  I like smaller sized photos because they're easier to display and/or put in albums.

Oh, we loved the Disney package!  I think I Pre-paid $169 and the morning everyone disembarked, they had a table in the lobby (right by the exit) with everyone’s thumb drive. You just grabbed yours on the way out! SO easy!

I don’t see why all cruise lines wouldn’t switch to digital, it’s ultimately more cost effective and they wouldn’t be printing the volume of photos they are now. 

And DCL also didn’t print photos hoping you would purchase them. All of the images are stored digitally, and if you want to see them (they are linked to your key card), you just scanned your card and the images were pulled up.

(They also stopped giving out daily cruise papers  for “environmental reasons.” 😒)

Lastly, I think DCL also had a 5-image package (maybe like $75) if you didn’t want to do the full package, which would be nice for couples.

Yeah, we got the photo package and the lovely canvas which was a good deal. Even though we brought more than 5 photos because it was hard to choose. Downloaded the pictures on my phone after purchasing them and able to print out copies at home.  I like them because we needed to do holiday cards . 

On 2/5/2020 at 9:50 AM, dmdiver said:

When we sailed in May 2019, we got the $99.95 photo package.  Your canvas has to be one of the five.  We also downloaded them through the hub app.  I think there were one or two photos that we purchased in addition.  We were traveling with all our adult kids, so we wanted some good photos.  Even if you don't get the digital version, the photos scan well.  That's what we have done in the past.  Then you can share the digital version with family/friends.