DoubleTree vs. Condado Plaza Hilton

Rbman03889

Flying into San Juan the afternoon of the day before our cruise next month.  Trying to decide between the DoubleTree or Condado Plaza Hilton.  Our main priority is having plenty of options around for dinner that night.  The DoubleTree seems to have better reviews but also seems to be more isolated? Does anyone have any experience with either of these hotels? Thanks in advance!

I had a reservation for this Friday night for one night pre cruise at the Condado Plaza Hilton and I just cancelled it.  The bad reviews convinced me.  I booked the Serafina Beach Hotel.  I wanted the Condado area and to be on the beach.  I can't tell you how it is, but those reviews are pretty horrible

We have the doubletree booked. Haven’t stayed there before. This is our first time leaving from San Juan. But the reviews were good. And I booked corner rooms. I was told they were bigger then the regular rooms. Very excited for our March 29th cruise on freedom of the seas. 

I just stayed at the Condado Plaza Hilton this past Friday. I'm currently on the Celebrity Summit. I wrote a review on Tripadvisor. I actually was very pleased. I booked it with Chase points and took an Ocean view room. It was clean and comfortable and the location was great. It actually ended up being my mist reasonable option for the one night 

On 2/10/2020 at 1:42 PM, Rbman03889 said:

Thanks for the input! I currently also have the DoubleTree booked and think we will stay put.  A little disappointed to not be on the beach, but I suppose we will get our fill of sand and sea on the cruise.

I don't know if it is still there since it was before the hurricane, but there was once a little market/grocery store across the street from the Doubletree and easy to walk to.   I also recall we walked around a corner at the direction of the lobby agent and found a restaurant serving local cuisine for dinner.