Castaway Cay

maryandmarge

Do you have the opportunity to rent a raft or float after you arrive on the island of Castaway Cay at the same price ($13) that is offered on our reservation?    Is there any advantage to booking it before you go or if we decide we want to rent one will we be in the same lines as the people who are just picking them up after booking early?   Haven't decided yet whether we need them or not.    Looking for suggestions.    Part of our group has booked the snorkel / raft / bike combo so I'm wondering if we would just use their rafts while they are snorkeling or do they take the float or rafts out there with them for that.    Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.    Thanks much

Rafts and floats are available at Flippers n Floats for the same $13 whether or not you pre-reserve or rent on the island, so there's no advantage to reserving ahead. 

Note that if you happen to be renting a cabana, these items come with the rental.

16 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

as the day goes on ... folks who rented floats and don't need/want them anymore tend to just leave them where they are .... not returning them to the 'stand' ........

Catch my drift?????

Good to know - I figured you had to turn them in and they scan your card that you returned them or you would be charged later for not turning them in.      Since it doesn't cost any more to wait and rent one if we need it after we get off the ship we are going to do the wait and see....who knows someone headed back to the ship might even offer theirs.   Happy travels

On 2/7/2020 at 1:32 PM, Shmoo here said:

Well, the default would be that you did turn them in.  It's a private island, no one will be taking them off.  

LOL. An image just got into my head of someone trying to walk back onto the ship with one of those huge floats.