Pre-cruise Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

BobnJan66

Hello - we are flying in to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise on 6/20 aboard the Caribbean Princess. We will arrive the day before, and stay overnight in a hotel near the embarking pier (Port Everglades, Terminal 2, I think). Please suggest which hotel would be the most convenient to both the airport and to the terminal. Are any of the hotels close enough to the pier to walk with our luggage? Does Princess offer shuttles to either the airport or hotels?  Thank you -  Bob and Jan

Welcome to the boards! 😎 

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info. Many cruisers choose to stay in the downtown/17th street area (Hyatt, Embassy Suites, etc.) With nearby dining and shopping options. Taxi from FLL will be about $15 if the hotel does not shuttle. Or you can use Uber or Lyft for about $10. Same options the next day( taxi, Uber, hotel shuttle for a fee) will get you to your ship.

Have a greAt cruise. 😀

Assuming the ship is at terminal 2 (which is a pretty safe assumption because I think by that date the Caribbean Princess is the only Princess ship in Port Everglades for the summer), the Renaissance is a couple of block walk (all sidewalks).  The walk from  the Hilton Marina is a just a block or so longer.  I do have to warn you that the weather in late June (hot, humid, chance of rain) can make that walk seem much longer!

Take good care of the ship - we'll be embarking as you disembark!