Unlimited Dining Package on Anthem

rm1247

My husband and I bought the unlimited dining plan for the first time for our upcoming cruise on Anthem. This is a special treat for our anniversary cruise as we have only done specialty dining once or twice in the past. Could you share tips about unlimited dining, and specifically for Anthem? Here are some of my questions:

Will any restaurants be open on embarkation day? Does the UDP include lunch that day?

I read a review that dining takes longer in Specialty restaurants. Is that true?

What are your favorite restaurants on Anthem? I’m trying to figure out which ones to book more than once.

Any favorite dishes we should be sure to try?

Do you suggest trying a 2nd restaurant for dessert? Or a snack in the afternoon? Which ones are good for that?

Does it include Johnny Rockets? I think on Anthem Johnny Rockets is just a counter?

Does the dress code for specialty match what is in the Cruise Compass or is it just always smart casual?

Thanks for any suggestions you have!

1 minute ago, rm1247 said:

My husband and I bought the unlimited dining plan for the first time for our upcoming cruise on Anthem. This is a special treat for our anniversary cruise as we have only done specialty dining once or twice in the past. Could you share tips about unlimited dining, and specifically for Anthem? Here are some of my questions:

Will any restaurants be open on embarkation day? Does the UDP include lunch that day?

I read a review that dining takes longer in Specialty restaurants. Is that true?

What are your favorite restaurants on Anthem? I’m trying to figure out which ones to book more than once.

Any favorite dishes we should be sure to try?

Do you suggest trying a 2nd restaurant for dessert? Or a snack in the afternoon? Which ones are good for that?

Does it include Johnny Rockets? I think on Anthem Johnny Rockets is just a counter?

Does the dress code for specialty match what is in the Cruise Compass or is it just always smart casual?

Thanks for any suggestions you have!

I was just on anthem for the Jan 5 cruise and the way the package worked for us was we could go to any specialty restaurant (including Johnny rockets) as many times as we wanted as long as they were open, embarkation day included. When we got on board we wandered right up to Jamie’s and made reservations for every night right then and had zero problem getting the times we wanted (between 630 and 730 each night). We did make some changes throughout the cruise and it was slightly harder but we always found something that worked. 

Dress code matches the compass but as usual it’s not ever enforced so wear what makes you comfortable. 

note on Johnny rockets: yes it’s just a counter and the staff were ALWAYS confused when we were there. Make sure to tell them ahead of time that you have the dining package because they always tried to charge me.  

dining doesn’t always take longer, if you want it faster or have a specific time to be somewhere just tell your waiter and they’ll make sure you’re ok. 

I enjoyed all the restaurants: Chops was consistently good although slow at times, we also grabbed desert alone from there a couple of times, Izumi (I LOVE sushi, I often got sushi to go to grab as a snack, which they happily accommodated), Jamie’s was good Italian though I had trouble ordering from there more than twice. Wonderland was really unique and interesting, we went on an off night (for us not the restaurant) though so I’d like to go again on a different sailing. Johnny rockets I often grabbed fries or onion rings as a snack. 

Favorite dishes:

Chops: CHOCOLATE CAKE DESSERT, Branzino was delicous, and truffle fries. Steaks are all decent steaks. 
Izumi: honestly any of the sushi, I really enjoy it and loved trying them all. Also the chicken appetizer is quite good if you like crispy fried chicken (not KFC style, it’s delicious though)

Jamies: Any of the pastas, my girlfriend loved the truffle one. 
Wonderland: I don’t really remember specific things though again we were having an off night. Either way it’s a very unique experience and I’d recommend trying it at least once especially if you have the package. Our waiter was excellent at sharing recommendations and accommodating based on our likes or dislikes. 

Also, if you enjoy Indian food you can unofficially request it in the MDR, we asked if they could get it for us at chops for dinner one night and they excitedly brought us some and it was quite good. 

Any other questions let me know! 

2 hours ago, ryanbarckley said:

I was just on anthem for the Jan 5 cruise and the way the package worked for us was we could go to any specialty restaurant (including Johnny rockets) as many times as we wanted as long as they were open, embarkation day included. When we got on board we wandered right up to Jamie’s and made reservations for every night right then and had zero problem getting the times we wanted (between 630 and 730 each night). We did make some changes throughout the cruise and it was slightly harder but we always found something that worked. 

Dress code matches the compass but as usual it’s not ever enforced so wear what makes you comfortable. 

note on Johnny rockets: yes it’s just a counter and the staff were ALWAYS confused when we were there. Make sure to tell them ahead of time that you have the dining package because they always tried to charge me.  

dining doesn’t always take longer, if you want it faster or have a specific time to be somewhere just tell your waiter and they’ll make sure you’re ok. 

I enjoyed all the restaurants: Chops was consistently good although slow at times, we also grabbed desert alone from there a couple of times, Izumi (I LOVE sushi, I often got sushi to go to grab as a snack, which they happily accommodated), Jamie’s was good Italian though I had trouble ordering from there more than twice. Wonderland was really unique and interesting, we went on an off night (for us not the restaurant) though so I’d like to go again on a different sailing. Johnny rockets I often grabbed fries or onion rings as a snack. 

Favorite dishes:

Chops: CHOCOLATE CAKE DESSERT, Branzino was delicous, and truffle fries. Steaks are all decent steaks. 
Izumi: honestly any of the sushi, I really enjoy it and loved trying them all. Also the chicken appetizer is quite good if you like crispy fried chicken (not KFC style, it’s delicious though)

Jamies: Any of the pastas, my girlfriend loved the truffle one. 
Wonderland: I don’t really remember specific things though again we were having an off night. Either way it’s a very unique experience and I’d recommend trying it at least once especially if you have the package. Our waiter was excellent at sharing recommendations and accommodating based on our likes or dislikes. 

Also, if you enjoy Indian food you can unofficially request it in the MDR, we asked if they could get it for us at chops for dinner one night and they excitedly brought us some and it was quite good. 

Any other questions let me know! 

EXCELLENT summary!

11 hours ago, ryanbarckley said:

Thank you!! This is very helpful! Are milkshakes from Johnny Rockets also included? Stopping there for an afternoon snack is going to be a fun perk.

10 hours ago, allisonb22 said:

We didn't have the dining package last time on anthem but just came to say we LOVED everything about Jamie's. it was great and our waiter, rolly, was fabulous!! make sure you get the meat plank 🙂 it was awesome.

Thanks, allisonb22! We've heard others recommend Jaime's and are excited to try it!

43 minutes ago, rm1247 said:

Thank you!! This is very helpful! Are milkshakes from Johnny Rockets also included? Stopping there for an afternoon snack is going to be a fun perk.

Milkshakes are included with the drink package yes, never had a problem getting one.