Advice sought for Southampton to Heathrow

Spideysmum

23 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We had a 12:20 pm flight last June from Heathrow when we were on the Crown Princess.  We took the Princess transfer from Southampton and were at the airport at 10am.  We had to sit around and wait for an hour before the gate at terminal 3 opened. Just our experience, everyone has a different answer.

That's the problem with Princess transfers, even if you have a later flight, they make you arrive before the terminals even open.  Last time I left from LHR, my flight was at 2.  I arrived via Princess shuttle at 8am.  For $75 I was able to change to a 10am flight!

28 minutes ago, nini said:

BGW- how are you getting flight info so far in advance? I thought that was not available 300-330 days in advance?

Hi

Re your first question..there are two non stops on united to SFO    We visit London once a year or so and pretty much know the schedule    Husband and I usually get the 10:30 am flight if we fly back from Heathrow  

Second (above) question   I’m an inveterate early planner   Of course the schedules aren’t out yet  However, I  am dealing with hyper daughter and her afraid of commitment boyfriend   Just trying to reassure people that things can work out   They are free to say no to booked cruise up until final payment (refundable deposit) and/or until I use my miles to book their flights   

How’s the weather in Seattle?  Husband did his grad work at Udub  

Train service is not reliable at any time. Weekdays crowded nowhere for luggage and you consider  yourself lucky to even get seat as you cannot reserve them. Weekends especially Sundays they tend to do engineering work on lines so services can be slow or cancelled. 

Edited by shoreham01
Autocorrect error

1 hour ago, Spideysmum said:

Hi

Re your first question..there are two non stops on united to SFO    We visit London once a year or so and pretty much know the schedule    Husband and I usually get the 10:30 am flight if we fly back from Heathrow  

Second (above) question   I’m an inveterate early planner   Of course the schedules aren’t out yet  However, I  am dealing with hyper daughter and her afraid of commitment boyfriend   Just trying to reassure people that things can work out   They are free to say no to booked cruise up until final payment (refundable deposit) and/or until I use my miles to book their flights   

How’s the weather in Seattle?  Husband did his grad work at Udub  

I am as well a planner... I can relate. As far as weather, Seatac is a 2.50- 3 hour drive for us.

However, it is blue skies and 50 degrees for us on the coast. I am loving the sun! We much prefer

PDX but there are no acceptable non- stops from there. Bummer